Over 200+ FREE Kids Printables & Craft Ideas – make the most of your family quarantine with tons of free kids activities and boredom busting ideas. May contain commissioned links.
200+ FREE Kids Printables & Craft Ideas
Could be 2 weeks. Could be 12-18 months.
Honestly, I’m in tears as I write this. So much unknown. Partners cancelling campaigns and contracts left and right. And the looming threat that I may not have a “job” to come back to when this is all over. Bloggers everywhere in a complete isolated standstill.
But as surreal as this experience is, this has also been a long overdue reflection. Over 9 years of blogging has truly blessed our family with the opportunity to reach out and connect with other families. It’s been eye opening to see just how much Raising Whasians has grown – with every printable, kids craft, and fun idea that we have done with our own family and yours.
Over 200 different crafting ideas (not even including fall and winter). Over 200 fun moments together. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your family. And while this is NOT the ideal situation, it was a wonderful way for me to slow down and take a walk down memory lane.
Educational FREE Kids Printables & Ideas
- ABC Writing Worksheets – Use Cheerios, dot, and write on these FREE ABC’s Worksheets. Great for preschoolers and kindergartners, this is one of my favorite FREE printables on the blog.
- Popcorn Counting Worksheet – My kids are visual food lovers. So using popcorn (or another snack), this 1-20 counting worksheet for preschoolers is a great motivator for snack time!
- License Plate Game – It’s always a good time to learn about the 50 states! This printable U.S. map checklist can be used for more than just checking off license plates on road trips. Be creative and also use to locate states on the map, learn state flags, mottos, flowers, birds, and more. Super handy for multiple activities!
- Rain Cloud Science Experiment – Try out this fun science experiment with items in the home and let them record their observations on this free printable.
- Pizza Order Form – Pretend play, but make it educational! Turn your home into a homemade pizza shop with this fun pizza order form. Your kids can learn about food, cooking, orders, and organization!
- Pixar in a Box – NOT a free printable, but this free Pixar learning website allows kids to code and build their own Pixar inspired animations. For FREE.
- Disney Up Finger Paint Craft – Turn your home into a creative art class with this Disney Up house inspired kids craft idea. Use your kids fingerprints as balloons and watch this house float “up!”
- Inside Out Scrapbook Pages – Do your kids love scrapbooking? It’s a great form of artwork! These free printable pages will help your child’s creativity flow.
- Disneynature Born in China Printables, over 90 pages! – This Born in China educational packet includes lots of science, geography and cultural inspired activities as kids learn about China, animals and habitats.
- Easy Straw Rockets – Make your own STEM rockets with this easy printable activity.
- Disneynature Monkey Kingdom Printables, over 124 pages! Keeping with the animal theme, this packet of educational materials gives kids lots of science, geography and cultural inspired activities.
- Video Game Rewards – Looking to set structure to your kids’ video game habits? These printable rewards coins help to keep track of how much game time your kids earn.
FREE Kids Coloring Sheets & Activities
Disney always has wonderful printable coloring pages and activities geared towards kids. Whether gearing up for a movie night or just looking for a creative way to entertain, there are hundreds of amazing Disney printables for your family to enjoy together!
- Incredibles 2
- Cars 3
- Live Action Beauty and the Beast
- Finding Dory
- The Good Dinosaur
- Inside Out
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Captain America
- Star Wars
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Big Hero 6
- Pete’s Dragon
- Jungle Book
- Alice Through the Looking Glass
- Muppets Most Wanted
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Strange Magic
- Flight of the Butterflies
Other Kids Boredom Busting Ideas
From STEM kids activities to Easter to Disney, there have been some wonderful memories made with these ideas. I hope they give your family comfort in the coming days.
STEM Kids Craft Ideas
- 40+ Water Activities for Kids – free checklist and lots of kids activities all inspired by water play!
- 50+ Kids Activities with Dollar Store Items – Entertain your kids with these frugal and fun ideas, all with items that can be found at your local dollar store.
- Toy Ice Cube Experiments – You just need some small toys (like LEGO figurines), an ice cube tray and water for this fun activity. Keeps my kids entertained for a long time, and such a great budget friendly idea!
- Juice Box Balloon Car – Upcycle your old juice boxes and household items into fun STEM powered vehicles. Race, measure speed and distance and have fun!
- No Sew Reading Tent – Coronavirus can’t keep us from enjoying our own backyard. Give your kid their own retreat with this No Sew Reading Tent, a perfect spot for a little nature appreciation and outdoor fun.
- Milk Carton Boats – STEM science and art come together in this easy kids activity. Test speed, buoyancy and art skills in one great afternoon.
- DIY Kids Car Wash – Remember that time that I had a crazy idea to build a car wash? Another one of my ultimate favorite kids activities, this project turned into a whole summer of outdoor fun! Wash your kids, their vehicles and enjoy the sun with this great boredom buster.
- STEM Catapult – Snack time is so much more fun with this DIY homemade catapult! Use for snacks or for other building materials (think Legos or Lincoln Logs) and have your kids make their own Angry Birds type boards.
- Constellation Magnet Craft – Learn about stars and constellations with this reusable craft idea. Great for on-the-go.
- Dinosaur Sensory Bin with Edible Volcano – One of my kids’ favorite activities! Make a giant edible volcano and let your kids play in this dinosaur themed sensory bin!
- DIY Checkerboard – Make your own construction paper designed checkerboard. Then play with your favorite candy!
- DIY Sponge Balls – A little math, a little fun, these sponge balls are great for water play time in the backyard!
Spring & Easter Kids Craft Ideas
- Easter Egg Hunt Signs – Who says you can’t have your very own egg hunt in your backyard? Print these signs and host your own Easter themed hunt!
- DIY Easter Egg Treat Bags – This is one of the most popular crafts on the site! Make your own Easter egg treat holder with baby chick lollipops!
- Cherry Blossom Tree Craft – Hello, spring! Upcycle your old egg cartons for this adorable and easy craft idea.
- Origami Bunny Butt – This origami craft is so cute! Full tutorial including video so your kids can learn the art of Japanese paper folding with a twist for spring!
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes – Dye your own eggs with these 6 different natural egg dyes. Great for dying other materials too.
- Easter Chick Apples – Up your snack game with this fun apple food art creation – all with a surprise inside!
Star Wars & Disney Kids Craft Ideas
- Frozen Fever Snowgies Craft – Love those little snowmen from the Frozen Fever short? Make your own cute little snowballs with this easy craft idea.
- Lady and the Tramp Pasta Necklace Craft – Spaghetti and meatballs, anyone? Use some pasta, paint and some creative inspiration to make this Disney inspired kids craft!
- DIY Mermaid Tail Puppets – Ariel and her sisters get a cute upgrade with these adorable mermaid tail finger puppets.
- Finding Dory Hair Bow – Do your kids love to accessorize? Make your own Finding Dory inspired hair bows with this easy DIY.
- BB-8 Window Cling Craft – Who wouldn’t love the adorable BB-8 looking in on our kids every day? This easy contact paper and tissue paper craft will definitely keep kids busy!
- Baymax Hair Bow – One more, because who doesn’t love Big Hero 6? This easy DIY hair bow tutorial features inspiration from Baymax’s red suit!
- Incredibles 2 Concept Art Craft – Ever wanted to be a Pixar animator? This concept art craft idea will help your kids bring concept art from the drawing room into a masterpiece!
- Beauty & The Beast Mirror Craft – Make your own enchanted mirror to help your child encourage pretend play!
- Beauty & The Beast Rose Craft – Yup, I went there too. This cute “floating rose” craft is great for your Beauty & The Beast lover.
- Edna Mode Paper Plate Craft – This is easily the cutest paper plate craft ever. Make your own Edna hair and glasses with this fun paper plate craft idea.
- Mary Poppins Returns Mini Kite – Make your own DIY Mary Poppins inspired kite with this easy craft tutorial.
- DIY Disney Doormat – Older kids and teens will love making their very own doormat. This Disney one is so easy and cute!
- DIY Matching Disney Frozen Tees – Teens will also love making hilarious matching tees inspired by the popular Disney Frozen movie.
- DIY Ariel Wall Decal – Good time to also decorate your room! Make this fun wall décor art inspired by The Little Mermaid.
- Moana Flower Crown DIY – Not going to lie, this craft took some time. But the results of this Moana inspired headpiece were worth it!
- Moana Pinata – Kids craft turned activity in one. This is a great idea for those celebrating birthdays while in quarantine too.
- Finding Nemo Paper Plate Craft – Paper plate crafts are some of my favorite easy craft ideas for kids. Just a few craft supplies needed for these Finding Nemo and Dory paper plates!
- Ralph Breaks the Internet Clothespin Craft – Fun Bun and Kitty come to life with this pancakes and milkshakes inspired craft idea from the teaser trailer!
- DIY Jungle Book Plant Holders – Learn about air plants and then create your own air plant holders inspired by the movie.
- DIY Cinderella Glass Slipper Craft – Make your own movie inspired glass slipper. Makes fun room decor.
- Incredibles Mask Craft – Create and decorate your own Incredibles 2 face mask, great for a movie night!
Other Kids Craft Ideas
- Pineapple Button Necklace – One of the most popular summer craft ideas on the blog, this cute necklace is great for fine motor skills with your kids! Easy too.
- Apple Paper Plate Craft – This finger paint preschooler craft is so much fun and easy too. Plus makes a great craft keepsake!
- Tissue Paper Numbers & Letters – Maybe your kids will love decorating their room during the quarantine! This easy tutorial only requires a few materials to make a unique look for their room.
- Mosaic Heart Banner – Perfect for hanging on your windows, this stained glass heart craft is so cute!
- Allergy Friendly Edible Slime for Toddlers – Make this green slime, perfect nontoxic option for young children.
- DIY Snow Globe Craft – Make your own snow globe with this easy tutorial, all with items around the home and at your local dollar store.
- Wonder Woman Accessories – Make your own DIY Wonder Woman Tiara and Cuffs with this pretend play inspired craft idea.
- Pineapple Wine Cork Craft – Turn your old wine corks into pieces of fun fruit! Great craft supply for lots of crafting fun.
- My Little Pony Hair Clips – Ok, so I went through a hair accessory phase. But these Rainbow Dash hair clips are still some of my daughter’s favorite hair pieces, including horse ears!
- Pool Noodle Unicorn – Um, like who hasn’t wanted to make their own unicorn to ride? Turn your old pool noodle into a dream horse with this tutorial and free printable.
- Powerpuff Girls Headband DIY – Remember this show? Bring the classic back with this adorable accessory craft.
- Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings – I had to get a Marvel craft in here, somewhere! These DIY wings were super cheap to make plus can be used as fairy wings and more.
- DIY Play Tea Bags – Add to your play kitchen and tea parties with these adorable DIY play tea bags!
- LEGO Slime – You could make slime. Or you could make LEGO slime! This 4-ingredient slime is a great boredom buster for LEGO lovers.
- Cupcake Liner Pineapple Craft – I went through a heavy pineapple crafting phase on the blog, ok?
- Minion Pinata – Turn a cereal box into hours of fun with this easy pinata tutorial!
- Pumpkin Play Dough – Make your own allergy friendly pumpkin play dough. Smells so good too!
- DIY Paper Flower Bouquet – Upcycle your old brown paper bags into this beautiful bouquet of flowers.
- Origami Crane Wreath – This craft got me through some dark times. Hours of folding into a beautiful wreath, it helped me cope with my grief.
- Footprint Flip Flops – Turn your kids’ footprints into fun works of art.
FREE Kids Book Crafts & Printables
I love when I can combine books and activities together. Read the book and create these fun activities inspired by the pages. A great way to tie in more reading and creativity together.
- Harry Potter Wands for Under $2 – My husband still tells me how much he loves this craft. This wands craft is so good, they truly look like real replica wands! And my kids still have theirs today.
- Bedtime Shadow Puppets – Inspired by the hilarious Sleepy, The Goodnight Buddy book, these printable shadow puppets are a fun way to wind down for the night.
- DIY Dinosaur Back Scratcher – Love Mo Willems books? Inspired by The Itchy Book (part of the Elephant and Piggie series), this fun kids craft and activity idea uses just a few household items to make your own back scratcher.
- Home Scavenger Hunt – Inspired by Diary of a Wimpy Kid, your kids will love searching for how many light switches, plugs, doors, and more are inside their own home.
- Music Notes Finger Paint Craft – Free printable art craft idea! Turn your child’s fingerprints into music with this fun music book inspired craft idea from Mo Willems. Perfect for a music lesson too!
- Good Day, Good Night Paper Plate Craft – This flip-able paper plate craft is great to make and use while reading the Good Day, Good Night book by Goodnight, Moon author Margaret Wise Brown.
- Hilde Cracks the Case Discussion Guide – full book discussion guide for this popular middle grade/tween book.
Movie Night FREE Kids Printables & Ideas
- Black Panther Bingo – Watching Marvel’s Black Panther movie with your family? Play this movie bingo as you watch! This FREE printable Black Panther bingo I-spy game is great for kids, tweens and teens, with 10 different boards to use for the whole family.
- Toy Story Movie Night Popcorn Box – Host your own Toy Story movie night with this fun printable Woody themed popcorn box. Kids will love putting their own boxes together before setting up for a cozy Toy Story movie marathon!
- Ralph Breaks the Internet Popcorn Buckets – Host your own Ralph Breaks the Internet movie night with these fun ideas and Yessss inspired popcorn buckets.
- How to Train Your Dragon Finger Puppets – With 3 HTTYD movies, a movie marathon is a great idea! Have your kids play along with these FREE printable Toothless and Light Fury finger puppets.
- Sonic the Hedgehog Party Hat – Just a few craft supplies and this FREE printable template is all you need to make a fun Sonic inspired accessory.
- Tangled Suns – Great for crafting (think banners, painting, beads, photo backdrops and more) or for decorating for a Tangled movie night, this FREE Tangled sun printable is from one of my favorite parties of all time!
- Forky Cheese Sticks – Toy Story 4 just got an upgrade with this easy cheese stick art for a fun movie night in!
- Moana Boat – These Moana cupcake toppers are perfect for a movie night! Can also be used for homemade boat toppers (think buoyancy STEM), or for other snacks too.
- Pigeon Straw Toppers – Sometimes it’s just the little things that can brighten a child’s day. These Mo Willems Pigeon straw toppers can also be used for puppets, crafting and pretend play too.
- Avengers: Endgame Party Bag Toppers – Make infinity stone treats then settle in for a Marvel movie night (or give to your neighbors). These bag toppers fit perfectly over sandwich bags and double as fun treats for family and friends.
Last Thoughts on the COVID-19 Quarantine…
It’s been humbling to take a walk down memory lane with you. Hopefully you have found some craft ideas and free kids printables that you have done with us over the years – and today, maybe a few new ideas too. But the hope is just that, finding hope in this crisis. We are in this together. We will all be OK. In the meantime, just know that we are still here too, trying to figure it all out.
But now, as my eyes are getting misty over just how many memories are together in this post, I am so thankful. Thanks for always being there for our family. Thanks for letting us become a part of yours.
May these creative, fun, silly, and happy craft ideas & FREE kids printables bring a little spark of light in the darkness. Love to you all.
Looking for more boredom busting ideas? Here are some from my blogging friends:
- 70 Things for Teens to Do While Stuck at Home – Sami Cone
- 12+ FREE Virtual Homeschool Classes – The Suburban Mom
- Boredom Busters for Teens & Tweens – Food Wine & Sunshine
- 5 Digital Learning Experiences Your Kids Will Love – Love Joleen
- 20 Virtual Field Trips for Kids – Lady and the Blog
- 10 Ways to Learn with Sidewalk Chalk – The Gray Ruby Diaries
- Suddenly Homeschooling: Resources to Help You – Lovestalgia