This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Make your own DIY Matching Disney Frozen Inspired Tees with this easy tutorial! Perfect for Frozen 2 fans!
DIY Matching Disney Frozen Inspired Tees
Sorry not sorry, but We. Can’t. Let. It. GO!
Ever since Frozen 2 came out this November, this little girl has been singing, drawing, playing and wearing everything Disney Frozen. I’ve never been more proud.
I’ve also never been more proud of myself. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to create my own custom tees. So many ideas, so much inspiration – I just didn’t have the right tools. But with my Cricut EasyPress 2 and a little Disney magic, we’re taking Frozen 2 beyond the screen and into the Christmas season with these DIY Matching Disney Frozen Inspired Tees. Who knew that making your own custom shirt designs are home could be this easy and FUN?!
Twinning is winning in this set of matching Frozen inspired outfits that are perfect for the whole family. See how easy it is to make your own, so you and your child can ROCK it all holiday season – and into the unknown!
DIY Disney Tees Are Easy with the Cricut EasyPress 2
With the addiction of Frozen 2 for the next few years, I knew that DIY matching Disney Frozen inspired tees were just the thing we needed to go into the unknown (ok, into December. But the Disney puns are only getting better with age).
What was ACTUALLY unknown was how long this project would take. I’ve never made DIY tees before. But after getting a taste of what my Cricut Explore Air 2 could do, my new crafty cutting machine was worth melting for.
But how to apply my iron-on design onto tees? That’s where the Cricut EasyPress 2 comes in. Honestly, I had no clue that Cricut even made other crafty machines outside of the precision cutting one. So this was completely new territory.
But that’s not to say that I wasn’t skeptical either. I mean, isn’t this fancy machine basically a glorified iron? Is it worth the price? I had no idea that precision was so much more than just cutting for Cricut. Here’s how the Cricut EasyPress 2 is a game changer for all future DIY iron-on projects:
- Large 9″ x 9″ heat plate design with even heat distribution and ceramic coating
- Precise heating control – up to 400ºF (205°C) with a push of a button
- Super-fast heat-up time – with a “beep” alarm to let you know when the machine is warmed up
- Countdown timer and start button – beeps with your iron-on project is complete
- Large comfortable handle – so you’ll have a “grip” on your project
- Streamlined Safety Base – keeps the heating plate safe and protected until ready for use
- Auto shutoff – Turns off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use
- Easy-to-use online Cricut EasyPress heating guide so you know what temperature and time is needed for your projects
No more moving an iron back and forth to try and get the iron-on to stick. No more bubbles, wrinkling, melting, moving or guessing. Heated evenly and professionally, these tees look as amazing as the custom orders I use to buy!
Matching Disney Frozen Inspired Tees DIY
It’s basically a mommy and me dream come true. With only a few more years left of my little princess wanting to dress like mommy, I have to take advantage of every magical opportunity! Inspired by Kristoff and Sven’s song from Frozen, we’ve taken the lyrics and made them into matching outfits with a little sparkle and humor. Here’s how easy it is to make your own DIY Matching Disney Frozen Inspired Tees. Make yours quickly (under an hour!) with this tutorial:
What You Will Need:
- (1) Adult sized white cotton tee, pre-washed with no fabric softener
- (1) Child sized white cotton tee, pre-washed with no fabric softener
- (1) Cricut Explore Air 2
- (1) 12″ x 12″ Cutting Mat
- (1) Cricut EasyPress 2
- (1) Glitter Iron-On Roll (12″ x 19″) in Royal
- Grab this FREE Disney Frozen Cricut Template. Includes “Reindeers are better than people” for a child tee AND “but people smell better than reindeers” for an adult tee. Customize the sizing of your iron-on patterns (if needed) and click the “Make It” button.
- Before clicking the “Continue” button, be sure to toggle the “Mirror” option to “On.” This will flip the image to print the letters backwards. Trust me, you want to make sure that all iron-on designs are printed reverse. *THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP.
- Turn on and connect your Cricut Explore Air 2 to your computer. Cut iron-on material to size and attach onto your cutting mat, clear liner side down.
- Print out the 2 iron-on designs. Leave letters attached to your clear liner. Gently remove excess iron-on material.
- Don’t forget to remove the holes inside of the letters too.
- Plug in and power on the Cricut EasyPress 2. Set temperature to 330°F (165°C) for cotton tees (or use Cricut EasyPress heat guide HERE). Set the timer for 30 seconds. Wait for the EasyPress to warm up and beep before using.
- Find a firm and flat surface to apply your design. Set down a Cricut EasyPress Mat or a fluffy folded bath towel to protect your surface. (I like the floor, personally.)
- Smooth out your tee. Preheat base material by pressing on the tee for 5 seconds to remove wrinkles and moisture.
- Position the design on your tee, making sure that the shiny clear liner side faces up. (Letters should look right side up now.) You can use a T-square or ruler to ensure the design is straight (though I tend to eyeball it). Place the Cricut EasyPress on the design. And press the “clock” button to start the timer. Hold the Cricut EasyPress in place and apply gentle pressure until it beeps.
- Flip the tee to the back. Apply the Cricut EasyPress to the backside of your tee for 15 seconds.
- While the iron-on design still feels warm to the touch, test a corner to see if you can lift and remove the clear liner. If the liner does not lift easily, reapply and reheat the EasyPress for a few more seconds. Carefully remove the liner.
- Repeat steps 6-9 for your second tee design.
VOILA! One matching set of DIY Matching Disney Frozen Inspired tees – DONE! Try not to sing ’em (and yes, I know that reindeers is grammatically incorrect. I was being true to the movie)! What’s great about these Mommy and Me Disney Frozen Inspired tees, they can be worn on more than just mom and daughter. Sons and dads can get involved too! Keep the glitter iron-on or change it up to match your family’s preferences! It’s really a one-of-a-kind family tee design.
From magical Disney tees to twinning with my daughter, I am beyond impressed with how my Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut EasyPress 2 makes DIY shirt designs easy and fun, all from the comforts of home. Looking for more crafty Cricut inspiration? Check out my Little Mermaid Wall Decal DIY!
Whether for Frozen 2, Christmas season or beyond, I’ll never have to worry about ordering another custom order T-shirt design ever again. I cannot wait to make more amazing DIY mommy and me outfits. The possibilities are ENDLESS with a little crafty inspiration and Cricut!
And let’s face it, the cold never bothered us anyway.
But now to settle the real debate, are reindeer actually better than people?