Celebrate your favorite Mo Willems character with this FREE Pigeon Printable Straw Topper | 16th BIRD-day Milkshake! This post is sponsored by Disney Book Group. All opinions are my own. May contain commissioned links.
FREE Pigeon Printable Straw Topper | 16th BIRD-Day Milkshake
Happy BIRD-day to you!
It’s hard to believe that the bird that started it all for beloved children’s author Mo Willems turns 16 years old! And for 16 years, this lovable yet feisty bird has been bringing so much joy to my kids’ lives. From my oldest son to now my youngest daughter, Pigeon continues to bring laughs to our reading time together.
And to celebrate Pigeon’s 16th anniversary, we are going BIG with this 16th BIRD-day Milkshake. Grab your kids and this FREE Pigeon Printable Straw Topper for the sweetest way to celebrate – Pigeon PARTY approved!
It’s Pigeon Love
From barely reading letters to full books, it’s been amazing watching my daughter grow so much this year. Kindergarten has given her all sorts of confidence when it comes to reading books, and she doesn’t hesitate to grab her favorite Mo Willems’ books to read aloud every day.
When you hear her busting out with a good laugh – you know Pigeon is in her hands. We love how much this Pigeon’s personality comes to life in every book. And even more than that? We love how much this Pigeon encourages my 6-year-old to read.
Mo Willems Pigeon Milkshake
Now that we have the party started with your FREE Pigeon Printable Straw Topper, celebrate Pigeon’s 16th BIRD-day with this delicious Pigeon-inspired milkshake! Inspired by the popular book The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?, this Pigeon shake is sure to be a hit at your next party, play date or just a yummy book reading treat. Ready to celebrate Pigeon’s birthday? Here’s how to make your Pigeon milkshake:
- White Frosting
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts (because Pigeon’s cookie has nuts)
- 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies, divided
- 5 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 3-5 Drops Blue Food Coloring (just enough to make that Pigeon blue color)
- Whipped Cream
- Blue Sprinkles
- Spread your white frosting around the rim of the milkshake glass. You may want a thick or thin layer depending on your party mood.
- Crush 1 chocolate chip cookie into crumbles. Mix with chopped walnuts. Press into the frosted rim of the class.
- In blender combine ice cream, milk and drops of food coloring (I suggest to start with 3 drops and add more as needed). Blend well. Pour into glass.
- Top milkshake with whipped cream, sprinkles and add 1 chocolate chip cookie for garnish. Serve immediately with your FREE Pigeon Printable Straw Topper (grab yours below!) for a festive way to celebrate Pigeon’s 16th BIRD-day!
FREE Pigeon Printable Straw Topper
Are you in love with Mo Willems’ Pigeon too? My kids go crazy for the books. Celebrate Pigeon’s 16th BIRD-day with this adorable and FREE Pigeon Printable Straw Topper! Easy to print, cut, and add to your favorite straw (or even finger puppets!), this pigeon straw topper is ready to party – perfect for a themed birthday or play date! I recommend high quality computer paper and/or cardstock for best printing results.
So cute, right?
Grab your FREE Pigeon Straw Topper Printable now.
Needless to say, this Pigeon milkshake is kid-approved. Just ask her. 🙂 She loves celebrating Pigeon’s birthday with this delicious treat!
A BIRD-day Present for You | New Pigeon Book Release!
It’s not a 16th BIRD-day without the presents! Celebrate Mo Willems’ Pigeon and his 16th anniversary with a brand new book release! Be on the lookout for The Pigeon HAS to Go to School!, coming to your home this June 2, 2019. This looks like the perfect book to grab for your kids before the new school year. I know that I have it on my daughter’s “must-have” book list for her summer reading!
Pigeon will always have a special place in our hearts. From big laughs to cookie eating, Pigeon remains an important part of my kids’ childhoods. I love what award-winning author Mo Willems brings my kids’ books. And now more than ever, we have yet another reason to love that darn bird. Happy 16th BIRD-day, Pigeon!
Do your kids love Mo Willems’ Pigeon books as much as mine? How are you celebrating Pigeon’s BIRD-day?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for fun kids crafts, family recipes, travel tips and more.
Looking for more Mo Willems’ Pigeon Party Ideas? Check out these fun posts:
- Mo Willens Pigeon Party Ideas
- Mo Willems Pigeon Party Snack Cups
- Mo Willems Pigeon & Duckling Treats