Easter Chick Apples “Surprise”
SURPRISE! Easter is just around the corner, can you believe it? With another fun holiday almost here, now is the perfect time to send my son to school with a fun lunchbox surprise! Make these adorable Easter Chick Apples for an easy snack idea for your kids lunches with a special “surprise” treat inside. Plus I’m sharing my secret to non-browning apples in our lunchboxes with Opal® apples with a FUN giveaway!
Opal Apples Are Perfect for Kids’ Lunches
There’s nothing worse than a brown apple, especially when you have picky eaters like mine. As soon as they spot a color change, it’s an instant YUCK! And if you know me, I hate wasting perfectly good food. My solution? Opal® apples! These naturally non-browning apples are the perfect addition to my kids’ school lunches. They stay yellow and fresh all the way up to lunch time! How is this possible? You have to slice it to believe it!
- Naturally resistant to oxidation and browning
- Non-GMO Project verified
- Crispy texture
- Sweet and delicious, a cross between Golden Delicious & Topaz
- Certified organic
Opal Apples Video
Sounds unreal, right? I was definitely a skeptic before slicing into my own Opal Apples. So I put these little yellow fruits to the test! Check out this Opal Apples video time lapse to see if Opal Apples stand up to the non-browning challenge after FOUR hours.
Easter Chick Apples
So let’s get to the cuteness, shall we? I’m always a big fan of little surprises in my kids’ lunches. And with Easter around the corner, it’s the perfect time to add adorable Easter Chick Apples to the lunchbox rotation. With adorable faces and a sweet surprise inside, my kids cannot resist these lunchtime treats.
What You Will Need
- Yellow non-browning apples, like Opal Apples!
- Chocolate Chips
- Dried Orange Fruit: such as mango, peaches or apricots
- Butter of choice – I used peanut butter. But sun butter, almond butter, etc. would make great allergy-friendly alternatives!
- Popsicle sticks
- Begin by cutting the top off the apple. Scoop out the core – but leave the bottom of the apple intact.
- Place your “surprise” sweet goodies inside – consider mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, dried fruit.
- Replace the top of the apple.
- Now let’s glue the little face onto the Easter Chick. Using chocolate chips for eyes, use your butter adhere to the front of the apple.
- Cut your dried orange fruit into a small triangle. Attach your “beak” of the baby chick to the apple using more butter.
- Now for the finale! Tie a ribbon around a popsicle stick. Carefully poke a hole through the top of the apple and insert your popsicle stick. Replace apple top on top of your Easter Chick Apple!
You now have an adorable Easter Chick Apple – perfect for lunches, parties and play dates!
And SURPRISE! Chocolate chips inside for another fun treat! Looking for another sweet snack idea for your kids? Try these Healthy Apple “Doughnuts” for a delicious treat.
$1 Opal Apples Coupon
Ready for a sweet apple deal? Grab your $1 Opal apples coupon now while supplies last! Hurry and stock up on Opal apples now through March (peak season!) at your favorite Opal apples retailer. And be sure to follow Opal apples via Facebook and Twitter for the latest recipes, offerings and more.
Opal Apples Giveaway
It’s no secret that I just LOVE Opal Apples. Naturally non-browning, GMO-free, organic and sweetly delicious, these little yellow apples make the perfect Easter Chick Apples for lunches! Want to give Opal Apples a try? Enter to win an Opal Apples Prize Pack including:
- Opal Apples Bento Lunchbox
- Box of Opal Apples!
Perfect for adding to your kids’ lunchboxes this spring! Open to U.S. residents only. Ends 3/3. Here’s how to enter:
GIVEAWAY NOW OVER. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED
This blog is not associated with any of the companies named above. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received. No Purchase Necessary to enter. Open to U.S. residents 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (selected by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. Raising Whasians is not responsible for product shipment, delivery, or fulfillment. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, endorsed by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other social media sites. Winner may not have received a prize from another participating blog/website. This disclosure is made in accordance with the FTC 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more of your favorite giveaways!