Surprise your kids’ lunches this spring with simple Easter Chick Apples Snack Idea – with a sweet surprise inside! This post is sponsored by Opal® Apples. All delicious opinions are my own.
Easter Chick Apples “Surprise” Snack Idea
Easter is just around the corner, can you believe it? With another fun holiday almost here (hello, Easter cupcakes and treats!), now is the perfect time to send my son to school with a fun lunchbox surprise! Make these adorable Easter Chick Apples for an easy snack idea for your kids lunches with a special “surprise” treat inside. Plus I’m sharing my secret to non-browning apples in our lunchboxes with Opal® apples!
Opal Apples Are Perfect for Kids’ Lunches
There’s nothing worse than a brown apple, especially when you have picky eaters like mine. As soon as they spot a color change, it’s an instant YUCK! And if you know me, I hate wasting perfectly good food. My solution? Opal® apples! These naturally non-browning apples are the perfect addition to my kids’ school lunches. They stay yellow and fresh all the way up to lunch time! How is this possible? You have to slice it to believe it!
- Naturally resistant to oxidation and browning
- Non-GMO Project verified
- Crispy texture
- Sweet and delicious, a cross between Golden Delicious & Topaz
- Certified organic
Opal Apples Video
Sounds unreal, right? I was definitely a skeptic before slicing into my own Opal Apples. So I put these little yellow fruits to the test! Check out this Opal Apples video time lapse to see if Opal Apples stand up to the non-browning challenge after FOUR hours.
Easter Chick Apples
So let’s get to the cuteness, shall we?
I’m always a big fan of little surprises in my kids’ lunches. And with Easter around the corner, it’s the perfect time to add adorable Easter Chick Apples to the lunchbox rotation. With adorable faces and a sweet surprise inside, my kids cannot resist these lunchtime treats.
What You Will Need
- Yellow non-browning apples, like Opal Apples!
- Chocolate Chips
- Dried Orange Fruit: such as mango, peaches or apricots
- Butter of choice – I used peanut butter. But sun butter, almond butter, etc. would make great allergy-friendly alternatives!
- Popsicle sticks
- Begin by cutting the top off the apple. Scoop out the core – but leave the bottom of the apple intact.
- Place your “surprise” sweet goodies inside – consider mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, dried fruit.
- Replace the top of the apple.
- Now let’s glue the little face onto the Easter Chick. Using chocolate chips for eyes, use your butter adhere to the front of the apple.
- Cut your dried orange fruit into a small triangle. Attach your “beak” of the baby chick to the apple using more butter.
- Now for the finale! Tie a ribbon around a popsicle stick. Carefully poke a hole through the top of the apple and insert your popsicle stick. Replace apple top on top of your Easter Chick Apple!
You now have an adorable Easter Chick Apple – perfect for lunches, parties and play dates!
And SURPRISE! Chocolate chips inside for another fun treat! Looking for another sweet snack idea for your kids? Try these Healthy Apple “Doughnuts” for a delicious treat.
And check out these adorable Easter kids craft ideas:
$1 Opal Apples Coupon
Ready for a sweet apple deal? Grab your $1 Opal apples coupon now while supplies last! Hurry and stock up on Opal apples now through March (peak season!) at your favorite Opal apples retailer. And be sure to follow Opal apples via Facebook and Twitter for the latest recipes, offerings and more.
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more of your favorite giveaways!
TINA Alexander says
My family would love to try this because its a naturally healthy apple!
vicki lorenz says
Adorable idea for apples. It makes me wish I were a child again. I remember being so excited when I would get something different.
Cheryl B says
My picky Granddaughter would love these. When an apple starts turning brown, she doesn’t want to finish it.
I like that they don’t brown too quickly.
Margaret S Porter says
We have never tried them but I think we would love them
Jennifer H. says
I think that we would like them because they are Crispy, Flavorful & Sweet!
John H. says
We like apples a lot!
Penny Snyder says
These sound awesome to take in our lunches!!
laurie murley says
I want ot try them because they resist oxidation
Shirley Hicks says
my son eats alottttt of apples so Naturally non-browning, GMO-free, organic and sweetly delicious,
would be great for him
katherine Persons says
https://twitter.com/mkjmc/status/837635215094841344 sorry here is the tweet url
jules m. says
i would love to add some on my sandwiches and salads without them browning!~ 🙂
Trisha McKee says
We are excited to try Opal apples because they are less likely to brown after being sliced, making them perfect for lunches, including mine!
Rajee Pandi says
so cute Love to try it because it taste great
Richard Hicks says
I am excited because they are truly natural and wholesome
Vikki Billings says
I am excited to try them because they have no GMO’s and they resist oxidation.
I’m excited because we love apples!