Holy cuteness! Make this Easy Origami Bunny Easter Craft with your kids this spring! May contain commissioned links
Easy Origami Bunny Butt Easter Craft
There’s seriously nothing cuter than a bunny butt at Easter time. They make butt cookies, butt cupcakes, and butt signs….an adorable Easter bunny butt craft was bound to happen on this blog. If for no other reason, just so we can say awwww together. For an easy and FUN idea for the spring season, I bring you the most adorable Easy Origami Bunny Butt Easter Craft.
Easy Origami Easter Bunny Butt Craft
What You Will Need:
- 2 pieces of perfectly square paper (origami paper preferred, but not required. Just use the thickness of computer paper). Fun spring prints encouraged!
- White Pom Poms
- White Glue
- Ok, so first, we are going to make an origami balloon. The EASIEST way to make this is using the YouTube video tutorial I created just for you. You can also find step by step picture instructions HERE. Start with the non-colorful side of the paper facing up. Fold in half diagonally. Open back up, fold in half on the other diagonal. Open back up.
- Flip the paper over so the colorful side is facing up. Fold in half (NOT on the diagonal). Open back up and fold in half again. Open back up.
- We’re now going to fold a waterbomb base (funky origami lingo….just hang with me). Colorful side up, find one long triangle. Fold the paper so you have two matching triangles with the sides folded in (do not try to force the folds, it should happen easily and naturally). Press down and secure your creases.
- Now take the ends of one side of the triangle and fold them up towards the center point. Turn the paper over and do the same for the other side. You should have a perfect diamond shape.
- Now fold the two center corners straight in towards the middle. Flip over and do on the other side.
- You now should have two triangle flaps on the upper portion of your box. Fold down once and then again. Then tuck the triangle INSIDE the little flap to hold in place….like a pocket. Do the same for the other 3 corners.
- Now your bunny box needs to be blown up. Find the hole in the center of the box. Yes, blow into it, until your cube is completely formed. (You may need to gently help open the sides with your fingers. Just keep from ripping the paper.)
- Alrighty, hard part over! Now we just need to add ears and a tail. Cut your second piece of origami paper into quarters. Fold one of your quarters in half. Take your scissors and cut out some adorable bunny ears. (totally ok if you mess up, you have 3 more quarters to work with)
- Glue your ears onto the bunny box, on the side where the blow hole is.
- Now place glue on your pom pom. Glue onto the opposite side of your ears, in the center of your box. Allow everything to dry.
AWWWW!! Yes, an adorable origami bunny butt has been made, perfect for displaying this Easter season! Have fun creating these little bunny butts for Spring and placing them all over the house.
Nothing but giggles from my kids!
There’s no “butts” about it. This Easter kids craft is adorably fun! Grab the kids and make this Easy Origami Bunny Butt Easter Craft.
Have fun creating this Easy Origami Bunny Butt Easter Craft! How are you crafting with your kids this Spring season?
More fun Easter kids craft ideas:
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more of our adorable kids craft ideas, family recipes and more!