DIY Cinderella Craft Glass Slipper
What do a dog toy and a Golden Book have in common? Something beautiful! Today I’m so excited to share my latest craft, inspired by my upcoming Disney Cinderella Red Carpet Premiere trip! This DIY Cinderella Craft is super fun for the Disney Princess lover and on a budget.
Perfect for gifting or displaying in your little princess’ room, I made the whole shi-bang for under $5 🙂
What You Will Need:
- Glass Slipper Figurine. And yes, believe it or not, this is a dog toy. My BFF found this at Dollar Tree for $1. Rip out the stuffing, fill in the hole and paint white…VOILA! Instant Cinderella Glass Slipper in the making!
- Disney Cinderella Golden Book. About $3.99 at a bookstore
- Mod Podge
- Heart Shaped Punchers
1. Start by ripping out the pages of the book. I know, I had a little pause moment too. It’s ok. Using your heart shaped punchers, turn over, so you can see what you are punching out. Then start punching away pages of the book. I went for key words like “slipper,” “Prince,” and such. Pictures of faces and moments are great too, as well as filler color hearts. Use the scissors to get a closer punch too. And yes, I used EVERY page 🙂
2. Using Mod Podge (and I used my fingers), lightly glue your hearts onto your shoe. I did it very randomly, making sure to overlap but not cover any words. Be careful NOT to use too much glue that you cannot distinguish your pictures/words. Allow to dry.
3. Once fully covered, give the whole shoe a light Mod Podge cover and dip into a plate of glitter to get that Cinderella sparkle.
VOILA! A beautiful art masterpiece, perfect for a princess is ready for displaying!
Having a hard time finding that perfect glass slipper? No worries! Turn a boring picture frame into a gift perfect for a princess! Just switch out the shoe for a frame and use the same steps to achieve your desired look. I even went for bigger hearts 🙂
If you can’t tell already, I’m super excited for my trip! I cannot believe I will be creating my own Cinderella story in just 5 days! Let me know if you make this adorable Cinderella Glass Slipper craft! I’m just in LOVE with the results!
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more easy crafts, family recipes and more!
Looking for more Disney inspiration?
amazing!! I was wondering where you found that slipper… you did a fantastic job, and it is very creative – both the slipper and the frame!!! wow!
Linda Manns Linneman says
My granddaughter would love making this slipper. It looks like alot of fun. Thank you so much for sharing