Make these DIY Disney The Jungle Book Air Plant Holders, inspired by the new live action film! May contain commissioned links. All creative opinions are my own. As seen on Babble.
DIY Disney The Jungle Book Air Plant Holders
Disclaimer: No animals were harmed in the creation of this Disney inspired craft…but maybe plastic ones were.
I’ve been living in a jungle lately. A river of forgotten toys strew my floors. Clothes hang like vines from chairs, beds, and overflow from the hamper. And the animals (AKA my kids) have been swinging into high gear. So it’s no wonder I have JUNGLE on the brain, especially with Disney’s The Jungle Book right around the corner! So I was inspired to make some really WILD looking air plant holders in honor of the new Disney live action movie. Check out how we made these adorable DIY The Jungle Book Air Plant Holders!
What You Will Need:
- Plastic Animal Toys (I used a bear, black panther and tiger – all animals from the movie)
- Air Plants
- Xacto Knife
- After giving your animals a nice pat hello, use the Xacto knife to make some initial holes in your animals. I made holes in the backs of the cats, but since Baloo is more of the comedic relief for the film (I mean c’mon, Billy Murray!), I made a hole in the bear’s head.
- Make sure to place your animals on a solid flat surface. Get out your drill (and let out a Tim the Tool-man Taylor hoot), and continue to drill holes in the animals, deep enough to hold your air plants.
- Use your Xacto knife to clean off any excess plastic shavings.
- Place your air plants in their new homes. I *ahem* used fake plants, because I tend to kill anything green (yes, even plants that need no care….trust me, it’s for the sake of everyone).
- OPTIONAL: You may want to tie around fishing line, rope, etc. and hang your air plant holders too.
So easy, right?! Display your new air plant holders in time for the new Disney’s The Jungle Book, coming to theaters on April 15, 2016! Get in on more Jungle Book fun with these FREE Jungle Book Printables for Kids! Coloring pages, activities and more.
Looking for the latest on Disney’s The Jungle Book? Stay connected!
Visit the official THE JUNGLE BOOK website: https://movies.disney.com/the-jungle-book-2016
Like THE JUNGLE BOOK on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyJungleBook
Follow THE JUNGLE BOOK on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheJungleBook
Follow THE JUNGLE BOOK on Instagram: https://instagram.com/disneythejunglebook
Follow THE JUNGLE BOOK on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/disneystudios/the-jungle-book/
Visit Walt Disney Pictures on Tumblr: https://disneystudios.tumblr.com/
Follow Walt Disney Pictures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyMovieTrailers
How is your family getting ready for Disney’s The Jungle Book?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for craft inspiration, Disney updates and more.
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
How cute are those! I think they came out awesome 🙂
How incredibly fun and crafty! These make amazing party favors too.
Catherine S says
What a cute and creative idea. I can’t wait to see this movie, it looks like it is going to be great.
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
Those are so cute! Using those plastic animals was pure genius! They’re already hollow, so there’s tons of room.
Debbie Denny says
Oh that is an adorable craft. So easy and fun to do plus the movie sounds like it will be fantastic.
What a cute craft. They came our really awesome.
Chrystal | Nevermore Lane says
I can’t wait to see this movie. I grew up watching the original Jungle Book. It was one of my mothers favorite Disney movies.
Nicole Escat says
What a fun idea! This i super cute, I’m sure my son would love it.
These are perfect! Great for kids looking forward to the movie!
Those are adorable. I’m going to have to get some for the boychild He absolutely loves Jungle Book. This is right up his alley
liberty j says
Great idea! I just received some air plants and have been looking for fun ways to display them 🙂