Minions Kids Activity | Fun Ice Experiment
Excited about the new Minions Movie? Then your kids are going to LOVE this easy Minions Kids Activity, featuring a fun ice experiment!
Bananas have trapped your minion friends and need your child’s help. Rescuing minions from their favorite food, bananas, has never been so much fun! Your kids will love the hands-on sensory activity and science experimentation rolled into one and I know that parents will love pulling out this kids activity again and again, especially so we can cool off this summer 🙂 Check out what we used and how to make the most of this minions activity!
Minions trapped in bananas, you say? How will your kids save them? A fun activity for all, your kids will definitely instill lots of hands-on learning and giggles with this homemade science experiment. If your kids are as excited as mine for the new Minions Movie this July, I know they will absolutely LOVE this ice thawing project.
What You Will Need (may contain commissioned links)
- Ice Cute Tray (Dollar Store) – BONUS if the cubs are shaped like the usual bananas!
- Micro Minions Action Figures – I got these cute playsets!
- OPTIONAL: Yellow Food Coloring – to make your banana ice cubes yellow, of course!
1. Place your micro minions action figures in the hollowed out sections of your ice cube tray.
2. Pour water (using a drop or two of food coloring if desired), covering the minions.
3. Freeze for about 2-4 hours.
4. Take your ice cube tray outside with your littles. Allow them to discover, pull out, touch and melt the banana “popsicles’ to rescue their little minion friends!
Up for a challenge? Try these different methods to enhance playtime:
- submerging in cup of water
- using only hands to melt
- intensifying the heat with a magnifying glass
- placing on cement, wood and other materials
- adding salt
- racing to see who can melt their ice cube the fastest
Hands freezing cold, grins from ear to ear and the surprised faces of new minion toys, my kids loved their afternoon of Minion Activity! And now, we are all MORE excited for the anticipated Minions Movie on July 10th!
How are you getting your kids ready for the Minions Movie this summer?
May contain affiliate links. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more FUN kids crafts, easy family recipes and more!