Help your child throw the fanciest tea party EVER with this No Sew Play Tea Bags Tutorial. Plus check out the new Step2 Grand Luxe Kitchen in this exclusive toy review. This post is sponsored by The Step2 Company as a proud Step2 Ambassador. All playtime opinions are my own. May contain commissioned links.
No Sew Play Tea Bags Tutorial + Pretend Kitchen Fun
To those that immediately read the title and laughed, it’s true. I still can’t sew. But I do love drinking tea. If there’s one thing that I love about my 3-year-old daughter right now, it’s how she LOVES anything fancy and girly. And right now, toddler tea parties are all the rage in this house. We recently received the fanciest play kitchen in the world from The Step2 Company, which meant we needed upgraded tea party supplies pronto. Check out why the new Step2 Grand Luxe Kitchen is even fancier than my own kitchen plus throw an extra fancy tea party with this NO Sew Play Tea Bags Tutorial.
NO Sew Play Tea Bags Tutorial
When a 70+ lb. box shows up on your doorstep, you know that it’s going to be serious business. The Step2 Company has been busy this fall with the latest and greatest play kitchen that has everyone talking, including us! With such a fancy kitchen coming our way, I knew that we needed fancy tea party supplies to keep up with this amazing kitchen play set. And that means that we needed lifelike play tea bags. My daughter gets such joy out of steeping her tea just like mommy. I had to make her own set. But mommy doesn’t sew. So instead, we got creative with this No Sew Play Tea Bags Tutorial.
What You Will Need:
Cut tulle into 6 inch by 5.5 inch rectangle. Cut felt into teeny “tea leaves” size pieces. Place tea leaves inside of tulle in 4 equal piles as shown.
Fold in edges of tulle towards middle (lengthwise), so tea leaves are folded between layers of tulle.
Now fold tulle in half lengthwise again. No open edges should be exposed.
Fold the tulle in half horizontally, so the two open edges are seamed together.
Fold the top two edges downwards – like a paper airplane – to form a point. Half-fold the point down, so you have the top half of a hexagon shape on top of the tea bag. Place your string/twine in the middle of the fold. Turn over and staple.
Because I’m OCD, I also encourage you to hot glue the back of the staple and string to keep from moving/fraying. Allow to dry.
Cut two equal square pieces of ribbon. On the opposite end of the string, hot glue the string between the two pieces of ribbon. Dry.
Now you’re ready to play! Let your child dip, steep and sip their “play” tea with their adorable new NO Sew Play Tea Bags. The perfect girly addition to a fancy new play kitchen.
Step2 Grand Luxe Kitchen Review
And speaking of fancy play kitchens, can I show you ours? That moment that you realize that your child has a fancier kitchen than your own…I knew the minute that I saw this kitchen on my Step2 Ambassador Trip, that it was going to be life-changing for my toddler. Introducing the Step2 Grand Luxe Kitchen, your child’s dream kitchen (and let’s face it, mom’s dream kitchen too).
Features That We Love:
- Modern design: Finally, a kitchen that looks good in your home! With this upgraded design, Step2 includes lots of great design features that rival your own kitchen – deep farmhouse sink, “tiled” backsplash, stone-look appearance, modern appliances
- Plenty of cooking space: This kitchen set easily allows multiple children to play at the same time.
- Working Lights: This kitchen comes with real working oven lights and refrigerator lights. So fun!
- Working Stove: the working electronic stove (just like the Mixin’ Up Magic Kitchen), includes fun sounds and lights for your little chef
- K-Cup Coffee Maker: Who loves coffee? I do! My child loves pouring me cup after cup with her very own Keurig-style coffee make, complete with a set of mini K-cups.
- Storage! We cannot get enough of the extra cubbies, cabinets and spots for us to hold extra food, dishes and supplies. There’s definitely plenty of space here to hold all of your child’s dream kitchen essentials.
- Lots of accessories: 78 of them to be exact. Enough place settings for 2 (cups, coffee cups, plates, bowls, and utensils), pots, cooking utensils, mixing bowl, baking cupcake set, blender and popcorn maker. Includes fresh fruits and veggies too with built-in velcro so your child can “cut” them again and again.
- The Step2 Quality: As expected, Step2 comes through again with a high quality, durable toy that is an investment for years to come.
Things to Keep In Mind:
- You’ll need a lot of space. This kitchen play set is larger than most play kitchens, about 5.5 feet in length, 50 inches high and 14 inches deep.
- Stock up on batteries. You will need a total of 11 batteries to get the full use of all of the features: 5-AA & 6-AAA.
- Give yourself plenty of time for assembly. This large kitchen took me about 1.5 hours to assemble, parts of the time with another person to help. If you plan on giving this kitchen assembled as a holiday present, make sure you block off enough time to put everything together beforehand!
- Cost. It’s a big ticket item. Available exclusively at Toys R’ Us, this Step2 Kitchen is a seriously little child dream come true. At an MSRP of $349.99, I totally understand how this can be of concern to parents. But if you’re looking for the high quality toy for years worth of play – it’s an amazing investment. This would be the perfect family gift – to get the grandparents, aunts, uncles, moms and dads to go in together for that one amazing gift.
In case you’re looking for us, we’re steeping and sipping tea in our new Step2 Grand Luxe Kitchen. Hours of imaginative play at work, we are in love with the newest play kitchen from The Step2 Company & these adorable No Sew Play Tea Bags.
The Step2 Ambassadors have been getting CRAFTY with lots of fun ideas to go along with the new Step2 Grand Luxe Kitchen:
- Little Baker’s Apron Tutorial from Gluesticks Blog
- Kid’s Play Oven Mitt from It Happens in a Blink
- Play Dough Printable from See Vanessa Craft
- DIY No Sew Monogram Towels from Hello Splendid
- Kids Rainbow Sushi from Lindsey Blogs
- Kid-Approved Gourmet Mac and Cheese from Thrifty Nifty Mommy
What do you love about the new Step2 Grand Luxe Kitchen?
Looking for more Step2 fun?