Ready for the all-new Sonic the Hedgehog movie? Craft your Sonic the Hedgehog Party Hat DIY + FREE Printable to celebrate – perfect for your next party, costume, or movie night! This post is sponsored by Paramount Pictures. All super fast opinions are my own. May contain commissioned links.
Sonic the Hedgehog Party Hat DIY
We’re going to party like it’s 1991!
Are your kids excited for the all new Sonic the Hedgehog movie? We’re celebrating our favorite 90’s video game hedgehog’s first time on the big screen with a DIY party hat! Make your own Sonic the Hedgehog headdress to rock the movie opening. And be sure to grab this this FREE Printable Sonic the Hedgehog Hat DIY so you can QUICKLY and easily bring your favorite blue ball of fur to life this year!
Catch Sonic the Hedgehog Movie in Theaters February 14th
Growing up with 2 brothers in the 90’s, I had my fair share of video games. Sonic the Hedgehog was a game character that my family knew well. This fast energy ball of blue fur helped to define my childhood.
Who knew that almost 30 years later, we’d finally have a Sonic the Hedgehog movie. One part nostalgia, one part all-new adventure, the 90’s are here again, reshaping a new generation of Sonic the Hedgehog lovers.
And I’m not mad about it.
My heart was RACING when I was invited to attend the Sonic the Hedgehog movie premiere in L.A. this past weekend, thanks to Paramount Pictures. It was a dream to meet the amazing cast, walk the “blue carpet,” and see the firsthand results of many years of childhood nostalgia brought to life. (You can check out the fun in my #SonicMovie Instagram Story highlights!)
Check out my full Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Review | Safe for Kids? to see if this movie is kid friendly – including language, adult content and more. And don’t speed off just yet! Check out my exclusive Sonic interview with Jim Carrey (“Dr. Robotnik”), James Marsden (“Tom Wachowski”), Ben Schwartz (“Sonic”), Director Jeff Fowler and Producer Toby Ascher here on the blog too.
DIY Sonic the Hedgehog Party Hat
While the whole weekend raced by in a blur, I was beyond upset that my family was unable to join me in California.
To bring a little bit of that #SonicMovie magic home, I made this FREE Printable Sonic the Hedgehog Party Hat DIY to celebrate opening weekend this February.
Perfect for a Sonic the Hedgehog birthday party, movie night, or just a fun kids craft idea, this QUICK and easy DIY is a fun way to get the kids excited about their favorite video game character premiering on the big screen! Ready to make yours? Here’s how:
What You Will Need:
- (2) 12″x 18″ Blue Foam Sheets
- (1) Sheet of Beige Cardstock or Beige Drawing Paper
- Hot Glue Gun
- This FREE Printable Sonic the Hedgehog Hat Template
- Cut 2 strips out of the blue foam sheets, about 2 inches wide, 12 inches long. Measure and fit around your child’s head. Glue the ends together. Allow to dry.
- Print out this FREE Printable Sonic the Hedgehog Hat Template. You will need one template of page 1 (with the ears) and 3 templates of page 2 (just the spikes).
- Trace and cut out blue foam pieces using the templates (should have 4 spikes and 2 large triangles).
- Glue two of the foam spikes together from the top, leaving the bottom curved area unglued. Measure and cut two small slits in the bottom of the two glued spikes as shown, to easily fit over the top of the crown of your hat. (You may want to have your child wearing the hat to accurately measure the slit areas.) Press slits down into hat crown. Glue in place if desired.
- Cut out the remaining 2 small triangles from your template. Trace onto your beige cardstock or paper. Glue beige triangles inside of larger blue foam triangle ears.
- With top spike point facing back, glue your ears onto front of the crown of your hat, one on either side of your spike.
- Let’s put those 2 remaining Sonic the Hedgehog spikes! Glue the spikes to the back on your top spike base, going down the back of your hat as shown. Allow everything to fully dry.
And voila! One super fast DIY Sonic the Hedgehog party hat!
With the all-new Sonic the Hedgehog movie coming out on February 14, 2020, this awesome DIY accessory would be perfect to wear for the opening weekend movie night, to make a great addition to your Sonic the Hedgehog costume, or to sport during your upcoming birthday party! Don’t forget to grab your FREE Printable Sonic Movie Valentines too!
Needless to say, my video game kids are racing around the house impatiently waiting for the newest Paramount Pictures movie to release. See Sonic the Hedgehog, in theaters starting February 14, 2020. Are you planning to #CatchSonic with your family?
How cute is this FREE Printable Sonic the Hedgehog Party Hat DIY? When would your child wear it?
I was invited to attend an exclusive press event in exchange for this FREE Printable Sonic the Hedgehog Party Hat DIY post. Movie poster image courtesy of Paramount Pictures. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more movie updates, celebrity interviews, entertainment and behind-the-scenes info!