So this is supposed to be the really witty, clever and outstanding About Me section of the blog where I share some amazing fun facts about my life and brag about how basically awesome I am. Here’s the thing, at the heart of everything, I’m just your average mom living in sunny Orlando, Florida. Before blogging, I got a degree from the University of Central Florida with a BSN in Nursing. I was a pediatric nurse for over 6 years and finally gave up my passion for health care to stay at home and raise my own children.
I just happen to have a little blog, Raising Whasians (formerly Saving Said Simply), a website dedicated to my personal life journey of raising 2 Whasian (short for “White-Asian”) children. I have one boy, 9 years old and one girl, 5 years old. I happen to be passionate about sharing the importance of raising multi-cultured/biracial children in today’s ever growing and changing society. Mixed children are BEAUTIFUL! On this little blog of mine, you will happen to find my personal family memories, recipes, crafts, travel….all “mixed” with family fun. The idea is to lovingly brag about my family and tell honest (maybe a little too honest) stories along the way.
Thankfully through this blog I make a full-time living while sharing what I love. I happened to have interviewed some really famous people (uh Hello, Harrison Ford!), walked on a few red carpet premieres, been featured on some famous websites you may have heard of and you may have even seen a few video ads floating around. But all of that in mind, “I’m just a girl asking a reader to love me.” I take this blog very seriously, only sharing what I feel is rooted in my focus – family. Using humor, honesty, drool-worthy photos and creative ideas, I’m here to take life head-on. But in case you want to get to know me just a tad bit more, here’s a few fun facts about me:
- I’m 100% Korean, and proud of it.
- I’m adopted, and doubly proud of that.
- I’m a mommy and a wife. I was definitely put on earth to be just that!
- I HATE pink, being late, aggressive driving, and bedhead hair.
- I love cold pizza, dancing, singing in the shower and any excuse to get dressed up.
- I’m a retired pediatric nurse, but still keep up my license – just in case.
- God, family, and friends are the most important things in my life. Hopefully by writing this blog, I can constantly be reminded of how blessed I am!
Raising Whasians has brought a lot of blessings, therapies and memories for me. I’m so happy to share my family’s experience with you!