Celebrate the newest Disney Books release, The Itchy Book, with this easy DIY Back Scratcher Dinosaur Craft your kids will love! Post sponsored by Disney Books. All dinosaur-iffic opinions are my own.
DIY Back Scratcher Dinosaur Craft with The Itchy Book
Itching to get your little ones to read more? Me too!
With Kindergarten on the horizon, I’m collecting all of the books I can for my littlest reader. She absolutely LOVES reading books right now – and I love that she loves learning to read. Disney Books always has really fun and engaging titles for my kids. It’s not too surprising that the latest new book already has my girl giggling with just the title name. Check out why we love The Itchy Book and make this easy DIY Back Scratcher Dinosaur Craft too.
About The Itchy Book
From Disney Books and the Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! series, this hilarious new book dives into what happens when you combine dinosaurs and that nagging little itch! Perfect for young readers age 6-8 years old, my daughter loves laughing along as dinosaurs resist the urge to scratch in The Itchy Book. Using easy-to-repeat word phrases, an engaging comic book like read and brightly colored illustrations, my daughter is picking up new words and reading them with ease!
Itchy dinosaurs try to follow a very important, very prehistoric rule. A rule so important and so prehistoric, it’s written in stone. DINOSAURS DO NOT SCRATCH!
Triceratops has an itch. . . so does Pterodactyl. . . and Brontosaurus. . . and T-Rex! But Dino-Mo reminds them all of the BIG rule: Dinosaurs do not scratch! What’s an itchy dinosaur to do? Find out in this hilariously charming beginning reader by author/illustrator LeUyen Pham.
DIY Back Scratcher Dinosaur Craft
I couldn’t resist the itch (see what I did there) to make a fun little craft to go along with this adorable new book. This DIY Back Scratcher Dinosaur Craft is the perfect activity to pair with The Itchy Book! Read together then craft together, WINNING! So easy and fun too.
What you will need:
- Wood paint stirrer (Hello, FREE craft supply!)
- 2-5 Wood clothespins
- Favorite dinosaur colored paint
- 2-5 Bobby pins
- Optional: favorite dinosaur inspired “accessories” like pom poms, glitter, etc.
- Paint the stir stick and clothespins in your child’s favorite dinosaur color. Allow to dry. If desired, let them glue on dinosaur accessories (like pom poms, glitter, construction paper) to bring out their dino’s personality.
- Bend bobby pins at one end to curl like a dinosaur claw. Place claw inside of clothespin and glue in place.
- On one end of the paint stick, arrange and attach your clothespins at the non-opening ends (3-5 dependent on how many claws your child would like). Glue in place.
- If desired, embellish your DIY Back Scratcher with crafty accessories.
- DONE! Allow your child scratch all of their itches with their own dino themed DIY back scratcher, perfect for reading along with The Itchy Book!
To scratch or not to scratch, we are loving our new book – definitely on rotation through the summer as we get ready for kindergarten! Learn more about The Itchy Book and the Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! series from Disney Books. We absolutely love the titles that come out – so fun for my *almost* kindergartner!