Does your kid want to be a Marvel super hero? Make these Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings – perfect costume idea for less! This post is sponsored by Marvel Studios. All super hero sized opinions are my own.
Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings
Watch out, she stings! We’re buzzing about a new Marvel super hero in town. And this little girl can’t get enough of the Wasp! To celebrate Ant-Man and the Wasp on Blu-Ray today, we’re stinging ya with these amazing Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings – for under $4. Say what? Find out how to make your own DIY Wasp wings and check out all of the fun Blu-Ray bonus features coming your way with this newest at-home Marvel movie release!
Ant-Man and the Wasp on Blu-Ray October 16th
From #1 in the box office to #1 in your home! Ant-Man and the Wasp are officially available on both Digital and Blu-Ray today. And I don’t know about you, but my family was so excited to add this Marvel movie to our collection. I love having more strong female super heroes for our little girls to look up to! My daughter has taken to the Wasp, and I definitely don’t want to dissuade her from her new favorite Marvel heroine.
Ant-Man and the Wasp Bonus Features
One of my favorite things about Marvel home releases is watching the bonus features. Ant-Man and the Wasp Blu-Ray definitely does not disappoint! Tons of featurettes, gag reel, outtakes and more – there’s plenty of extra fun to be had behind-the-scenes!
- Director’s Intro by Peyton Reed – The talented creator behind some of Marvel Studios’ funniest and most charming films will invite home audiences deeper into the world of “Ant-Man and The Wasp.”
- Making-of Featurettes:
- Back in the Ant Suit: Scott Lang – Hero and all-star dad Scott Lang keeps the laughs coming for the audience, cast and crew.
- A Suit of Her Own: The Wasp – Highly trained Hope Van Dyne is now the Wasp. See how some of her craziest stunts and action-packed scenes were brought to life.
- Subatomic Super Heroes: Hank & Janet – Hank Pym’s wife Janet was lost in the quantum realm. Trace the legacy of these characters and the iconic actors who portray them.
- Quantum Perspective: The VFX and Production Design of “Ant-Man and The Wasp” – Explore the movie’s visual effects and production design from a whole new viewpoint, in which every micro and macro detail counts.
- Gag Reel and Outtakes – Audiences are treated to the hilarious quips that did not make the film as well as exclusive outtakes from Stan Lee and Tim Heidecker.
- Gag Reel – Join in the fun with these outtakes from the set.
- Stan Lee Outtakes – Stan Lee tries out a series of hilarious one-liners for the scene in which his car shrinks.
- Tim Heidecker Outtakes – Check out Whale Boat Captain Daniel Goobler and his improvised whale-watching riffs.
- Deleted Scenes (with commentary by Director Peyton Reed)
- Worlds Upon Worlds – As Janet leads Hank through the surreal landscape of the quantum realm, they encounter an intelligent life form.
- Sonny’s on the Trail – On the hunt for Hank Pym and his lab, Sonny Burch and his henchmen check the security camera of a neighborhood bookstore.
- Digital Exclusive Featurettes – 10 Years of Marvel Studios: The Art of the Marvel Cinematic Universe & Online Close-Up Magic University
Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings
Anyone else have a plethora of wire hangers around the house? All of that dry cleaning now comes in handy! I was happy to put those hangers to work creating this easy Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings! You won’t need wire cutters to make these wings.
What You Will Need
- 4 Wire Hangers (bonus if you have 2 full wire hangers and 2 half hangers with the cardboard tube in the middle)
- Hot Glue
- 2 Pairs of White Tights or 4 White Knee Highs (dollar store win!)
- Silver Glitter Glue
- Red Glitter Glue
- Grey Stiff Felt
- Red Stiff Felt
- 2 Elastic Bands
- Bend wire hangers CAREFULLY into wing shapes like shown. Be sure to bend the sharp ends in.
- Wrap each wing in one leg of your tights. Tie and glue to seal onto wings.
- Cut your grey stiff felt into 2 large equal rectangles (large enough to cover the hanger ends). Use one rectangle to cover your hanger ends. Glue onto the “front” of your wings.
- Cut out a small red circle out of red felt. Glue onto the grey rectangle.
- Take your elastic bands and glue onto 2nd grey rectangle as shown.
- Glue elastic ends in to the back of your wings. You should now have two loops for your child’s arms to go through.
- Lastly, use your red and silver glitter glue to create your wasp wing design. Allow to dry.
Your child will LOVE flying around and saving the day in her new Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings! How fun are these – and for under $4 each, such a steal for a super hero costume! Be sure to fly off into action with this Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings! And be sure to add Ant-Man and the Wasp on Blu-Ray and Digital to your Marvel movie collection.
Would your child love this Ant-Man and the Wasp DIY Wings? What did you think of this Marvel movie sequel?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more Disney insider information, movie updates and entertainment!