Give your kids the stars with this DIY Travel Constellation Activity for Kids. This post was sponsored by WaterWipes as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
DIY Travel Constellation Activity for Kids
I want to give my kids the stars. Big brother is back in school which means this little toddler is loving all of the one-on-one attention. For once, she doesn’t have to share mommy! As we start to settle back into our busy “routine,” I want to make sure that learning and FUN continue to be a BIG part of her day – even when we’re on-the-go! So this DIY Travel Constellation Activity for Kids is the perfect toddler activity for little hands. Combining a craft, education and motor skills activity in one, giving my girl the stars has never been easier! Here’s how to make your own for under $5:
What You Will Need
- Mini Metal Cookie Sheet (Dig out an old one or thrift one!)
- Black Chalk Paint
- Pack of Glow-in-the-Dark Plastic Stars or foam star stickers
- Mini Magnets
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paint your cookie sheet in chalk paint (may take a few coats). Allow to dry.
- Glue the mini magnets to the backs of the glow-in-the-dark stars. Allow to dry.
- Place star magnets onto chalkboard into desired constellation shape.
- Using chalk, have your toddler connect the stars (like connecting the dots).
This star gazing and motor skills activity is perfect for travel. I love how portable everything is too! So whether you’re star gazing at night, or recreating the night sky during the day, this activity will keep your little learner interested in those twinkling lights.
Clean Up with the Safest Wipes for Kids
Chalk + a toddler = a BIG ole mess. While my toddler may be past the potty training phase (can I get a hallelujah?), I still use baby wipes for everything, including busy craft activities like this Travel Constellation Craft. And for my little love, not just any wipe will do. I trust WaterWipes to provide the best possible baby wipe for my girl’s sensitive skin. Here’s why this mom trusts WaterWipes for all of my toddler’s needs:
- I can tell you EXACTLY what’s inside WaterWipes. It’s 99.9% water. 0.1% Grapefruit seed extract. And that’s it, making WaterWipes the safest and chemical-free baby wipe out there. No weird or unidentifiable ingredients. No harsh chemicals.
- But don’t think this wipe doesn’t mean business. WaterWipes are both durable and effective in keeping your little one clean. From messy diapers (I’ve changed a few hundred) to crafting fun, I trust WaterWipes to get the clean up job done quickly.
And check out the fun we had with Waterwipes in 2015 with these fun ideas!
Be sure to follow WaterWipes on Facebook and Twitter for the latest new products, offers and tips for moms. And don’t forget to give your little loves the stars with this DIY Travel Constellation Activity for Kids.
How would your child play with this DIY Travel Constellation Activity?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more FUN kids craft ideas, recipes, and family travel tips.
Nicole Escat says
I want to make that for my son. He loves stars and he is so enthusiasts with the universe.
Sue E says
This is the first DIY constellation I have ever seen & what a good clever idea! Easy, reasonable, and pretty – very Pinterest worthy! Thanks for sharing!
I am also interested in the wipes! Much needed with little ones!
Christine R says
I love this idea, and plan to make one for my daughter. She will love learning about the stars, and how to draw them.
Fund crafting idea. Water wipes are a great idea, water and a tiny bit of fruit exract.
Maryann D. says
This looks like a fun and entertaining DIY craft activity. Perfect for a rainy day in the house.
Deborah D says
I can’t wait to make these with my nephews and nieces. So much fun!
ellen beck says
This would be such an easy and fun craft. It could also become even more educational if when traveling they put the stars like they see them! This has so many wonderful options to use it for.