Let’s go fly a kite! Make your own Mary Poppins Returns Craft Kite DIY to celebrate the Blu-ray release! This post is sponsored by Disney. All practically perfect opinions are my own. May contain commissioned links.
Mary Poppins Returns Craft Kite DIY + GIVEAWAY
Brings a whole new meaning to the term “Let’s fly a kite!” Well, we may not be able to fly this one, but we definitely can make one with a little bit of magic! Did you love the Mary Poppins sequel? We can now bring home Mary Poppins Returns for the ultimate family movie night. Celebrate Mary Poppins Returns on Blu-ray and digital with your very own Mary Poppins Returns Craft Kite DIY. Plus be sure to scroll down for a GIVEAWAY to win a copy of your very own!
Practically Perfect Bonus Features!
Can we say bonus features?! From a deleted song, blooper reel, Dick Van Dyke featurette and more – it was like magic coming out of a carpet bag! I am definitely in LOVE with all of those Mary Poppins Returns bonus features! Check out all that’s included on the Mary Poppins Returns Blu-Ray:
BLU-RAY & 4K ULTRA HD™:
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca.
Mary Poppins Returns Craft Kite DIY
Returning to Cherry Tree Lane, it’s like revisiting an old friend. And I love how the famous Banks kite made a heroic return to the big screen in Mary Poppins Returns. So of course, I had to bust out the felt for this Mary Poppins Returns Craft Kite DIY! Just a few crafty supplies and you’re on your way to flying a kite as your family watches Mary Poppins Returns at home!
What You Will Need:
- This Kite Template
- Green Felt
- 1/4 Inch Thick Yellow Ribbon
- (2) Craft Sticks (or 2 toothpicks)
- Bakers Twine
- Print and cut out the kite template. Trace around your green felt and cut out your kite.
- Using glue and yellow ribbon, outline your kite.
- Cut off excess ribbon.
- Cut out small strips from your newspaper and glue onto the front of your kite.
- Turn kite over. Cross your two craft sticks and use the baker’s twine to hold together. Cut off excess twine. Glue onto the back of your kite.
- It’s not a kite without a proper tail! And while I had no ‘Votes for Women’ sashes lying around, I did use the bakers twine and yellow ribbon to make an adorable kite tail. Cut and glue a long strip of ribbon onto the back of the kite. Cut and tie ribbon in small strips to complete your kite.
How cute is this mini kite craft idea? Your kids will love making this easy Mary Poppins craft, a perfect replica kite to “fly” as they watch Mary Poppins Returns for family movie night! Time to bring home the sequel that everyone’s talking about! Get Mary Poppins Returns on Blu-ray and Digital, and be sure to make your own Mary Poppins Returns Craft Kite! Now, let’s go fly a kite!
Mary Poppins Returns Blu-ray Giveaway
Excited to bring home the magic of Mary Poppins Returns? Celebrate this at home release with a Mary Poppins Returns Blu-ray GIVEAWAY! Enter to win a copy of this beloved Mary Poppins sequel, now through 3/25. Here’s how to enter: