Make this adorable Mosaic Heart Valentine’s Day Banner with your kids this season, for a quick and fun craft that’s full of love! May contain commissioned links
Mosaic Heart Valentine’s Day Banner Kids Craft
I was visiting a friend this week and she was reorganizing her craft room. Admiring the fact that she had an entire room dedicated to creative crafting, I took a look around the room and saw these ADORABLE teeny tiny clothespins. I pointed them out and my friend immediately said “Take them.”
Dude, a crafting blogger’s dream come true, right?
And from this teeny piece of inspiration, this Mosaic Heart Valentine’s Day Banner Kids Craft came to be. A seriously fun way to display your love of the season, this banner hangs perfectly in your window, catching the festive colors in the sunlight. Ready to make this craft with your kids this Valentine’s Day season?
What You Will Need:
- Set of Tiny Red Clothespins
- Tissue Paper (Red, Pink, White)
- Clear Contact Paper
- Thin White Ribbon
- Cut 2 pieces of contact paper, the same size. Cut tissue paper into small squares (perfect for little hands).
- Take backing off one piece of contact paper. Place tissue paper pieces on the sticky side of the contact paper. You bet, this was my toddler’s favorite part of the craft. Let them go nuts with the tissue paper, overlapping colors, making sure all of the sticky paper is covered. Once the contact paper is fully covered, take the backing off the 2nd piece of contact paper and seal the tissue paper pieces between the contact paper (like a sandwich).
- Using scissors (trust me, I tried a heart punch first), cut out hearts out of the contact paper.
- Use the teeny clothes pins to dangle the heart. Then thread the circular metal part of the clothes pin through the ribbon. Hang in the window to get the full effect of the mosaic hearts.
What a beautiful way to display some LOVE for Valentine’s Day!
More Valentine’s Day Kids Craft Ideas:
Fingerprint Cupid Arrows
Heart Puzzle Piece Wreath
I’m LOVING the sweetness of this adorable Valentine’s Day banner kids craft! How about you?
How are you crafting with your kids this Valentine’s Day season?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for kids crafts, party ideas, recipes and more!
Looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas?
You’re knocking it out of the park with these kids’ crafts! I adore the puzzle heart wreath and can’t wait to try it and this one with my daughter. This girl so adorable, great for Valentine’s Day pics and is easy enough for my toddler to participate. Thanks!
Amber Ludwig says
Gorgeous!! I love how they turned out!! This would even make super cute nursery decor!!
Sandra Watts says
I love the puzzle heart. What a neat idea.
Grace Y says
What a fun craft idea!
Linda Manns Linneman says
These are some cute craft ideas for me to do with my grandchildren. I think these are easy enough for me to figure out. Thank you so much for sharing
Emilee Bond says
I just love this DIY craft idea! I’m going to show it to my daughter tomorrow. She’s going to want to get out and buy the stuff we need for it right away! She’s my little crafty child. 🙂 Thanks for the idea and cute pictures!!
These are unique and fun ideas to do with kids. I would like to do try the heart banner with my grandkids.
So many nice ideas here, and none too hard! I especially love the kids banner!! I have to find some of those adorable teeny red clothespins!
jo n says
I remember doing things like this when I was young. Thank you