Bust summer boredom with these 50+ Kids Summer Activities with Family Dollar Store Items. This post is sponsored by Family Dollar. All crafty, thrifty and fun opinions are my own.
50+ Kids Summer Activities with Dollar Store Items
We are saying goodbye to school and hello to summer!
With my kids at home all summer long, I love coming up with creative ways to keep them entertained, engaged and having fun. But let’s be honest, it can be a challenge to plan kids summer activities on a family budget. That’s why I have your list of 50+ Kids Summer Activities with Dollar Store Items – from food to crafts to water play, there’s plenty of ideas to beat summer boredom!
Keeping my kids engaged and entertained during the summer can be challenging. That’s why I love having Family Dollar just up the road from my house. It’s so convenient to pop in for a few craft supplies, food items and play ideas for our summer days.
Family Dollar is well stocked with quality products for all of our summer adventures. And with a store full of $1 WOW items, Price Drop deals and Smart Coupons for extra savings too, we can stock up on lots of fun kids summer activities without breaking our family budget.
- Create Your Own Popsicles
- Have a S’mores Night
- Host an Ice Cream Party
- Make an Edible Volcano
- Have a Backyard Picnic
- Host a Movie Night (with extra popcorn!)
- Paper Plate Crafts like this Fish Paper Plate Craft
- Create Q-Tips Crafts like this Q-Tip Craft
- Paint with Q-Tips
- Paint with Cotton Balls
- Make Countless Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Craft Wooden Clothespin Animals
- Make Construction Paper Crafts – like this Checkerboard Craft
- Make Shaving Cream Puffy Paint
- Make Your Own Finger Paint
- Paint with Squirt Guns
- Craft Some Pet Rocks
- Color (not just for adults!)
- Create Wooden Spoon Puppets
- Learn Origami
- Paint with Ice (just add food coloring and freeze!)
- Make Stamps out of Pool Noodles
- Treat Yourself to At-Home Manicures and Pedicures (let the kids help!)
- Jam Out to Your Own Kitchen Band (wooden spoons make great drumsticks!)
- Toss Some Sponge Balls
- Water Balloon/Water Gun Fight
- Play Water Balloon Baseball
- Squirt Gun Race
- Slip n’ Slide
- Add a New Pool Float/Pool Noodles to Your Pool
- Go Swimming
- Create a Water Obstacle Course
- Host a Neighborhood Water Themed Party (like this Finding Dory Party)
- Perform Ice Melting Experiments
- Microwave Ivory Soap (with parental supervision!)
- Make Your Own Snack Launcher
- Create Your Own Race Car Track (wrapping paper tubes cut in half lengthwise are perfect!)
- Build Marshmallow & Toothpick Towers
- Create an Oil and Water Sensory Bottle
- Float Sponge Sailboats
- Make Milk Carton Sailboats
- Build an Awesome Fort with sheets and clothespins
Outdoor Play Ideas
- Have a Beach Day (don’t forget the $1 flip flops at Family Dollar!)
- Host a BBQ
- Play Backyard Games/Sports
- Man a Lemonade Stand
- Blow Bubbles
- Make an Epic Bubble Bath
- Wash Cars
- Make Your Own Bubbles
- Feed the Ducks
- Play with Sidewalk Chalk
- Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- Plant a Summer Garden
Hope you’ve grabbed lots of new Kids Summer Activities to keep your little ones busy all summer long. And don’t forget to stock up on your summer supplies at Family Dollar, your one stop shop for crafts, food, and play!
What kids summer activities would you add to this list?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for crafty inspiration, family recipes, travel tips and more.
Our Family World says
These activities are going to make the summer go by pretty quick. My kids love playing with the garden hose when they were young. The water slide and popsicles would an awesome comibination!
Chrystal | Nevermore Lane says
Look at all these fun things to do ! Don’t even know where to start. I love shopping at Family Dollar, especially the summer clothes. I always find awesome running shorts there.
Louise Bishop says
Thank you for this awesome list! Now my kids can save money and get themselves some awesome toys!
Sheena Tatum says
These are so sensible! So glad they are a legitimately affordable option!
Adrianne Betz says
This is one handy list. These are activities I can actually use.
Shannon Gurnee says
The Dollar Store is great! I love how many water play toys they have! It’s a great place to stock up for summer activities.
Cynthia C says
Great ideas to keep the kids busy. You can send them over to wash my car too 🙂
Janet W. says
This is an excellent guide that I see myself referencing almost every week this summer for new ideas! I can’t wait to try some of these activities with my grandsons!
vickie couturier says
cool ideals,,we shop there a lot too
Shakeia Rieux says
Those are all great ideas! I don’t have kids, but this would be good for my nieces. I hardly ever shop at Family Dollar, there’s not one close by
ellen beck says
Dollar Stores have such fun things at such a reasonable price. Things dont have to be expensive to be fun. Some of the best memories are time spent together!
Tracie Cooper says
I would love to do some these activities with my nieces!
Sarah L says
Fun things come from the dollar store.
I love looking through the dollar store. you never know what you are going to find.
Linda Manns Linneman says
It is great shopping here. I go often. These are some great suggestions for the kids. Thank you so much for sharing this