Celebrate My Little Pony: The Movie in theaters October 6 with DIY My Little Pony Hair Clips for a Rainbow Dash-ing Look! This post is in partnership with Lionsgate. All magically crafty opinions are my own.
DIY My Little Pony Hair Clips to Celebrate My Little Pony: The Movie
There was something always magical about having My Little Pony as a sidekick to my childhood. I love that My Little Pony has withstood time, still a part of little girls’ childhood memories – even my own 4-year old. My daughter loves playing with her My Little Pony ponies, so you can imagine the excitement when we heard that a My Little Pony Movie was coming to the big screen on October 6. I couldn’t wait to create the perfect My Little Pony accessory for my sweet pony-loving girl. (Spoiler alert – Rainbow Dash is my favorite.) Get excited for My Little Pony: The Movie in theaters this fall with these easy DIY My Little Pony Hair Clips for a Rainbow Dash-ing Look.
It’s the Movie Event of Pony Proportions!
Guess who’s excited to see Rainbow Dash in theaters? I cannot wait to share my love for my favorite My Little Pony with my daughter on the big screen this fall. And on October 6th, it’s time to friend up! Watch the trailer for My Little Pony: The Movie & join the littlest ponies on a BIG screen adventure.
A dark force threatens Ponyville, and the Mane 6 – Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity – embark on an unforgettable journey beyond Equestria where they meet new friends and exciting challenges on a quest to use the magic of friendship to save their home.
The film has an all-star voice cast including Emily Blunt, Kristin Chenoweth, Liev Schreiber, Michael Peña, Sia, Taye Diggs, Uzo Aduba and Zoe Saldana. The movie features original music and songs performed by Sia, Diggs, Saldana, Chenoweth and Blunt.
DIY My Little Pony Hair Clips Tutorial
Friendship will always save the day, even a bad hair day with these Easy DIY My Little Pony Hair Clips! With only a few craft supplies and no sewing required, these adorable little accessories with be the perfect touch for your little one to wear to the My Little Pony: The Movie premiere!
What You Will Need
- 2 Hair Clips
- 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick ribbon in red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
- Stiff light blue felt
- Hot glue
- Cut ribbon into 12 inch long strips.
- Loop and pull through your rainbow ribbon pieces one at a time, on one side of the hair clip. Tighten to secure in place.
- Cut felt into triangular pony ears. I made ours about 2.75 inches wide by 3 inches high.
- At the base of each ear, cut a small 1/2 inch slit up the middle. Fold one end of the slit on top of the other, to “curve” the ear slightly. Hot glue in place. Allow to dry.
- Glue the base of the ears on top of the other side of the hair clip (the side without the ribbons). Allow to dry.
- Cut off bottom of ears as desired to fit onto the hair clip.
- Clip your DIY My Little Pony Hair Clips in place on top of your child’s head!
Let your little girl show off her Rainbow Dash-ing side for My Little Pony: The Movie with these adorable DIY My Little Pony Hair Clips!
Hold on tight, everypony! My Little Pony: The Movie is blasting to theaters on October 6! Get ready for a magical movie event this fall with Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie and of course, Rainbow Dash with these DIY My Little Pony Hair Clips. I’m sure your child is going to look Rainbow Dash-ing for her movie premiere! Be sure to visit the My Little Pony: The Movie website for more information and follow My Little Pony: The Movie via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest movie updates!