DIY Gourd Fall Kids Craft. This kid crafty fall post may contain commissioned links. Thanks for crafting with us today!
DIY Gourd Fall Kids Craft
Why should pumpkins get all of the FUN this fall?
I don’t know about you, but I think fall gourds are just as fun for little ones to play, explore and learn! So no wonder that gourds became center stage for our fall craft this afternoon. This easy DIY Gourd Fall Kids Craft was inspired by the amazing colors, textures and shapes for one of our favorite fall items of the season! Grab your kids and make this fall craft that perfect for toddler age and up.
Love gourds? I think they’re such an interesting part of fall. Those colors, those textures, those bright vivid fall colors! I knew we had to craft them!! So easy and only a few items are needed for an afternoon of crafting fun!
What You Will Need:
- Construction Paper – think yellows, oranges, greens and brown
- Finger Paint (we used yellow, orange, 2 types of green)
- Lentils – yellow peas, green peas, navy beans, orange lentils (yes, they do exist!)
- OPTIONAL: Jute for hanging
- Using your pencil, trace out shapes of your gourds. No need to be exact. Cut out your shapes
- Allow your little one to have at it with the finger paint on the gourds. After all, they are very colorful! Let the gourds dry. Now we could have stopped here for a cool craft, but seriously we need that bumpy texture, right? Time to bust out the lentils!
- Now glue on your lentils onto the gourds to give them their signature bumpy texture. My girl loved adding lots and lots of bumps to hers! Allow to dry.
- If desired, string your gourds together for a fun banner idea! You know, I’m a sucker for a good banner craft! Perfect way to display my kids’ artwork!
Pumpkins, take a back seat! Gourds are in the spotlight this season with this fun fall craft!
Need some more fall craft ideas? Be sure to check out some of my most popular crafts!
- Caramel Apple Fall Craft
- Toilet Paper Tube Pumpkin
- Bubble Wrap Corn Banner
- Paper Plate Apple
- Pool Noodle Fall Stamps
- Q-Tip Spider Web
And don’t forget these 50 Fall Crafts for Kids!
Anyone else love gourds for the fall season as much as we do?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for kids craft ideas, easy family recipes, travel memories and more!