Spider Web Kids Craft
It’s that time again! We’re getting crafty with the Halloween season with this easy to make Spider Web Kids Craft! Only a few simple materials already at home (my kind of kids project, right?), will have you on your way to making a spider web, perfect to keep those little hands busy! Here’s how to make one:
What You Will Need:
- Qtips (lots of them, at least 15 to be safe)
- Black Construction Paper
1. This project is a little different than most, since you will need to lay out how the web will look BEFORE you do any gluing. Start by bending a handful Qtips into a “U” shape gently. I curve them around my finger to get a good shape without breaking.
2. Using straight Qtips, put those together like a spoke of a wheel on top of your construction paper. Fit the U shaped Qtips in the outside edges of the wheel spokes, with the U bend facing towards the center. This will allow you to adjust, rebend and shape your web into a circular shape.
3. Once you have the desired shape, glue your Qtip design onto your construction paper.
4. To fit Qtips in the narrower portion of the wheel spoke, cut Qtips in half with the scissors. Bend them into a U shape and fit between the spokes, again with the U bend facing towards the center.
6. Allow to dry. Then enjoy looking at your creation! My son has already found all sort of toy bugs and spiders to attach to his web 🙂