Ready for fall? Decorate your home with this easy and fun DIY Corn Banner Fall Kids Craft Ideas. May contain commissioned links.
DIY Corn Banner Fall Kids Craft
I am in love with our latest fall kids craft. Banners are BIG in the crafting world lately, but why do adults get to have all of the fun? So we made this adorable DIY Corn Banner Fall Kids Craft to help celebrate fall, Thanksgiving and some of the amazing colors of the season.
And besides, what kid can resist a chance to use some paint? So how did we make our frugal kids craft? Simple!
What You Will Need:
- Construction Paper (I used 2 sheets of yellow)
- Bubble Wrap (a few palm size pieces)
- Paint (red, orange, gold, brown, etc.)
- Green Crepe Paper, about 2 inches thick
1. Place a thin layer of paint on the “bubble side” of the bubble wrap. Stamp the bubble wrap in a quick down-and-up method on the construction paper. Use alternative pieces of bubble wrap in different colors until you achieve the desired “Indian corn” look. Allow to dry
2. When dry, cut out Long corn shape pieces out of the construction paper. I did about 3 per sheet.
3. Now we will make the corn husks. Fold Crepe Paper into a “V” shape. Twist the point. Glue the twist side to the thickest end of the corn. Repeat for each ear of corn. You could seriously stop here and just hang your corn. Pretty cool. But I took things a step further 🙂
4. Tie string around the husk portion of the corn and slip a small knot into the twist. Leave some space and link to the next corn, etc. for each ear.
5. Hang up and proudly display your corn banner to celebrate everything fall!
Make sure to pin this adorable Corn Banner Craft for your next fall crafting day with your kids!
Perfect for decorating for Thanksgiving dinner. We cannot wait to bring ours to Grandma’s house this year for the Thanksgiving feast.
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more kids craft ideas, reviews, giveaways and more.