Celebrate the long anticipated The Last Jedi Blu-Ray release with this Crait-inspired Star Wars: The Last Jedi Smoothie. This post is sponsored by Lucasfilm. All galactic opinions are my own. May contain commissioned links.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Smoothie
Is your family ready to own Star Wars history? The highest grossing film of 2017 (did I mention there were only a few weeks left of the year when it was released?), a beloved cast of characters, the first lead Asian heroine and surprising twists and turns in this action-packed film, it’s no wonder why we’re all rushing to own Star Wars: The Last Jedi on Blu-Ray this Tuesday March 27th.
In case you’re already planning your next Star Wars themed movie night, I have the perfect Star Wars: The Last Jedi Smoothie to welcome in the fun with your new at-home release. Grab the directions to make your own Crait inspired treat and the details on all of the fun bonus features.
Own a Piece of Star Wars History, Now on Blu-Ray
The 8th film of epic saga, Star Wars: The Last Jedi brings so many memories, so much heartache and always hope. As a parent raising Star Wars kids, it was inevitable that they would want to own this treasured piece of Star Wars history for our family movie collection. Having an Asian Star Wars role model for these two kids to look up to alone – it’s enough to have me buying into this film. But see all of the fun we had during the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Press Conference:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Bonus Features
More Star Wars? Yes, please! With 14 deleted scenes, exclusive behind-the-scenes looks and lots of Star Wars geekiness, The Star Wars: The Last Jedi bonus features do not disappoint. Be sure to check out Andy Serkis’ performance as Snoke!
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Smoothie
One of my favorite new places in this movie was the planet of Crait. The beautiful white sands covering the vibrant red salt mines were the perfect backdrop for the final battle of the film. So fitting, I thought making a Crait Smoothie would be a fun way to celebrate the at-home release.
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries, cut
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- Blend Strawberries and strawberry yogurt together until smooth. Pour into glass.
- Top and spread a thin layer of vanilla yogurt on top to create the white sand on top of the “red salt” layer.
- Get fancy and add a straw topper with a Porg. How cute!
- Now the best part – Enjoy!
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more of your favorite giveaways!
Dwayne Berry says
I would try to get my daughter to watch The Last Jed with me, but I haven’t been able to get her to watch the first one yet.
Antoinette M says
I would watch with my husband.
Ashley C says
I would watch this with my husband
Emily Fox says
I would watch the film with my husband – we still haven’t seem it yet, and it’s driving us crazy?
Jennifer Cervantes says
I would watch it with my husband and kids.
I would watch this with my daughter.
Andrea Williams says
We would watch as a family for movie night.
susan smoaks says
i would watch with my family. we would love it.
I would love to watch this with my family. We love to watch Star Wars movies together.
Lauryn R says
I would definitely watch this movie with my husband! We haven’t seen it yet so it would be nice to be able to watch it together. 🙂
I would watch it with my family!
Alona Y says
I would watch with my husband, we are both big fans.
I’d watch with my cousin’s kids.
Jeanna Massman says
I would watch this with my grandson. He loves Star Wars.
I would watch this with my boyfriend.
AMANDA STOVALL says
I would watch this with my nephew. He’s a huge Star Wars fan! Thanks!
my kids we are star wars nerds lol
I would watch it alone.
D Schmidt says
I would watch it with my kids.
Erika Williams says
I would watch it with my family.