Celebrate Solo: A Star Wars Story on Blu-Ray September 25th with this kid-friendly Lando Calrissian Smoothie, perfect party drink idea! This post is sponsored by Star Wars. All galactic opinions are my own.
Lando Calrissian Smoothie for Solo: A Star Wars Story Blu-Ray Release
Lando is the original “smooth criminal.” That suave demeanor, that glide in his step, and boy can that man talk you into a sweet deal, I’ve been a huge fan of this Star Wars character from the beginning. Only seemed fitting with Solo: A Star Wars Story coming out on Blu-Ray on September 25, 2018 that we celebrate the original smoothie with his own smoothie. Yes, my friends – a Lando Calrissian Smoothie. Can you taste the amazingness yet? Check out how to make your own kid-approved Lando Calrissian Smoothie (gluten-free and dairy-free, complete with straw cape!). Plus find out why your family needs to own Solo: A Star Wars Story on Blu-Ray faster than the kessel run in 12 parsecs.
Solo: A Star Wars Story Blu-Ray Bonus Features
A whole disc of bonus features. My fellow Star Wars fans are going to FLIP for Solo: A Star Wars Story Blu-Ray release. Go behind the scenes to experience compelling discussions with the star-studded cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan (writer of Star Wars:The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi); a revealing feature on Chewie and his enduring friendship with Han; a close-up look at the original version of the Millennium Falcon and Han’s first time piloting the infamous ship; and eight never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes including:
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso – Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- 8 Deleted Scenes
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Solo: A Star Wars Story Back-to-School Gear & Toys
As if this wild kessel ride couldn’t get any more fun, Star Wars sent us a huge box of amazing back-to-school gear and Solo: A Star Wars Story toys to fuel up our school year. Favorites include:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Backpack, Lunch Bag & Pencil Pouch
- Chewie Mirror, Solo Buttons
- Star Wars Ultimate Co-Pilot Chewie – featuring over 100 sound and motion combinations!
- Star Wars: Han Solo Card Game – win the Millenium Falcon in this card game for kids 8 years+
- Star Wars Force Link 2.0 Mission on Vandor Figure 4-Pack – including 8 accessories and Force Link technology interaction!
The backpack is my favorite statement piece. How fun is the leather accents?
Lando Calrissian Smoothie
Time to “punch it, Chewie” onto the delicious feature. Lando has always been one of my favorite complex characters – and deep down one of the “good guys.” Seeing where Lando originally got his Han chip on his shoulder, I have a new appreciation for this original smooth criminal. Taking inspiration from Lando’s latest suave Star Wars fashion in Solo: A Star Wars story, this Lando Calrissian Smoothie features everything a Lando fan could appreciate from his yellow shirt, red belt and right down to his signature cape. Ready to make your own kid-friendly Lando smoothie? Here’s how:
- 1/2 Pineapple (peeled and cored)
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Mango (peeled and deseeded)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1 tsp Strawberry Puree
- Handful Blackberries
- Blend pineapple, OJ and mango until smooth. Add ice cubes and pulse blend until smooth.
- Top with a streak of strawberry puree and handful blackberries for garnish.
- Cut a black cape out of construction paper.
- Single hole punch the top, bend, and thread through your straw. Insert straw into your smoothie.
- Serve immediately! Store in fridge. How fun is this Lando Calrissian Smoothie while watching Solo: A Star Wars story? Perfect kids drink for family movie night or a birthday party, I love the vibrant yellow – Lando’s signature color in the movie!
YUM! So whether you’re watching Solo: A Star Wars Story at home with the family, or gearing up for an out-of-this-galaxy party, this Lando Calrissian Smoothie is the perfect family drink idea for the ultimate Star Wars fan. Because what would Star Wars be with our favorite smooth criminal? Be sure to pick up Solo: A Star Wars Story, available on digital now and Blu-Ray/DVD on Tuesday September 25, 2018.
Who would you share a Lando Calrissian Smoothie with? Are you a fan of Solo: A Star Wars Story?
Looking for more fun movie night ideas?