Celebrate the release of Despicable Me 3 Special Edition on Blu-Ray and DVD for the holidays with this Festive DIY Minions Garland & Christmas Card Display! This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. All festive opinions are my own.
Festive DIY Minions Garland for a (NON) Despicable Christmas Card Display
You know the holidays are here when a festive garland craft has landed on the blog! You guys know how much I can’t resist a fun garland. With Despicable Me 3 Special Edition here for the holidays, I was definitely feeling the Minions + holidays + garland craft challenge. Twinkling Christmas lights were the inspiration for this Festive DIY Minions Garland. A fun kids craft AND a creative Christmas card display in one, your family will love how those yellow lights twinkle with a little extra special holiday cheer.
Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without a little Minions fun! The #1 animated comedy of the year, Despicable Me 3 is the ultimate holiday gift for the whole family, featuring an All-New Mini Movie, Minion Moments and more! My family is so happy that our favorite Despicable Me characters are back and better than ever. The characters beloved by everyone – Gru, his wife Lucy, their three adorable daughters—Margo, Edith and Agnes—and the Minions provide hours of family fun in this heartwarming comedy.
Despicable Me 3 Special Edition is now available on Blu-ray & DVD. BONUS: the Target exclusive not only features an all-new mini-movie, but so much more including 20 minutes of additional content, collectible cards featuring your favorite Despicable Me characters and fun Minion temporary tattoos! The Despicable Me 3 Special Edition is available in stores now on Blu-ray & DVD.
Festive DIY Minions Garland & (NON) Despicable Christmas Card Display Idea
With Despicable Me 3 coming to DVD today, it was only fitting to make sure that family and fun were the center of this festive kids craft. Check out how easy it is to get into the holiday spirit with this Festive DIY Minions Garland and Christmas Card Display Idea.
What You Will Need:
- Stiff felt – red, blue, green, white, and of course yellow
- 3/8″ Black Ribbon
- Googly Eyes
- Silver Glitter Glue Pen
- Baker’s Twine
- Christmas cards
- Cut red, blue, green, and yellow felt into Christmas light shapes, at least 2 1/2 inches long. Cut white felt into small equal rectangles, to be toppers for your lights.
- Now cut black ribbon to wrap and cover your yellow lights. Glue to the top 3rd (the larger portion) of the yellow felt pieces. Glue eyes on top of the black ribbon.
- Using silver glue pen, outline the circle of the eyes. Allow to dry.
- Glue lights and light toppers to your clothespins: toppers on top of the open end and the pointy end of the lights at the closed end of the clothespins.
- Thread and tie bakers twine through the clothespins at equal lengths between lights.
- Hang as is or clip Christmas cards received throughout the season to display in a festive (NON) Despicable way!
I absolutely adore this DIY Minions Garland not only because it’s super adorable, but it’s also a fun way to display all of the love received from family and friends throughout the holiday season. Celebrate the holidays with this Festive DIY Minions Garland and bring home Despicable Me 3 Special Edition on Blu-ray & DVD this holiday season.