DIY Despicable Me Minion Goggles Kids Craft. I received free products from Stonyfield as a Stonyfield YoGetters Ambassador in exchange for this review. All opinions are 100% my own
DIY Despicable Me Minion Goggles Kids Craft
Summer is still going strong and my two little monkeys are loving every minute! But sometimes those Florida storms can rain on our parade! How do we keep up the fun? With Stonyfield, of course! Stonyfield’s Organic Greek Yogurt is the perfect snack for any time of the day, giving us the fuel we need no matter what the weather. In fact, those amazing little Stonyfield cups inspired us to make an “upcycled” kids craft for your next rainy day!
Based on one of our family’s favorite movies, we made these adorable Despicable Me Minion Goggles for a fun afternoon craft….and all for less than $2! Want to know how to make these adorable goggles inspired by those cute minions? Check out these easy steps!
DIY Despicable Me Minion Goggles
What You Will Need:
- 2 Empty Stonyfield Greek Yogurt 5.3 oz. Cups – washed and dried
- Tin Foil
- Yellow Construction Paper
- Black Elastic Band, about 1 yard per goggle set
- Stapler + Staples
- Xacto Knife
1. Using the Xacto Knife, cut the bottoms off the Stonyfield Greek Yogurt Cups (should be in a circle)
2. Trace the inside of the Stonyfield cup (cut part up) onto the yellow construction paper. Cut out the circle. Using a quarter (or poker chip). cut out the center of the yellow circle. This will be the minion eyes.
3. Cover the empty cups completely with tin foil.
4. Using the stapler, staple the 2 covered cups together.
5. Using the Xacto Knife, cut small slits in the outsides of the cups. Thread the elastic band through (adjusting size to your child’s head). Tie ends in knots to secure.
6. Place yellow cut out circles in the larger part of the goggles. Secure with tape.
You’re done! Make sure to pick up some delicious Stonyfield Greek Yogurt Cups at your local retailer! Stay fueled all summer long with the goodness of organic yogurt! Then be sure to hang onto those cups to make your next kids craft.
VOILA! Place your minion goggles on your child’s face and enjoy your own little Despicable Me character in your home!
We hope you enjoy this super fun summer kids craft idea, inspired by our little minion friends! How are you beating summer boredom?
Disclosure ~ I received free products as a Stonyfield YoGetter Ambassador in exchange for this posting. No other compensation received. Though the products are free, the opinions are 100% my own. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more reviews, giveaways and more.