Need an easy party food idea for your next Minions party? Try this easy Despicable Me 2 Minion Munch Chex Mix Recipe
Despicable Me 2 Minion Munch Chex Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 2 cups Banana Nut Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 cup freeze dried banana chips (or regular dried banana chips)
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
1. In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereals and peanuts.
2. In 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup, microwave butter until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in brown sugar and peanut butter; microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture is boiling. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Microwave uncovered on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in dried bananas and candies. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container. Makes 17 servings.
The new Minion Munch is great to enjoy with the new Despicable Me 2 Movie, now released on Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack! I wish you could hear the laughs my son bellows every time he sees those minions!
Ready for a giveaway? You can win a FUN Despicable Me 2 Prize Pack:
- Despicable Me 2 Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack
- 1 Box of Chocolate Chex
- 1 Box of Honey Nut Chex
- 1 Box of Banana Nut Cheerios
- 1 CUTE Minion USB (seriously cute!)
So you can enjoy a FUN movie night with your family AND eat the new Minion Munch Chex Party Mix too! I love this giveaway! Ends 1/11/14, so HURRY! Here’s how to enter:
GIVEAWAY NOW OVER. THANKS FOR ENTERING.
Never entered a Saving Said Simply giveaway before? Click HERE to get started!
Disclosure ~The cereal, recipe, information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. I received free products in exchange for this posting. MyBlogSpark is responsible for shipment of prizes. Saving Said Simply not responsible for prize shipment.