Bring Everest home with these Easy Abominable Movie Night Ideas. This post is sponsored by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. All opinions are my own.
Easy Abominable Movie Night Ideas
What’s furry, funny and FUN for the holidays?! It’s the new Abominable movie.
And just in time for the holidays, you can snuggle up with one of the best family films of the year with these Easy Abominable Movie Night Ideas! So grab your jammies, your hot cocoa and one huggable Everest as we curl up for a family movie night unlike any other.
Bring Home Abominable, on Digital & Blu-ray/DVD
Ready for the holidays? Just in time for cozy movie nights and gift giving season is the perfect family-friendly movie! From the studio that brought you How to Train Your Dragon, you can now own the Abominable movie now on Digital, and Blu-ray/DVD starting on December 17th.
I’m thrilled to add this animated film to our collection, especially since I couldn’t bring the kids to the screening back in September. It was one of my personal favorite kids’ movies this year. (Check out our Abominable Movie Review.) Owning the movie is even sweeter now with over an hour of bonus features, including 2 Original Shorts.
The kids LOVED cuddling up to watch Abominable together – especially with a furry friend and sweet treats in hand!
Easy Abominable Movie Night Ideas
Speaking of sweet treats, in case you didn’t know I’m ALL about themed movie nights. By adding a few special touches, it can really AMP UP the atmosphere for your family night in. Here’s a few easy Abominable movie night ideas to get your family-friendly movie party underway!
Abominable Candy Bark
Candy bark is my go-to for family movie nights. Just by using candy melts to fit the movie theme (white and blue for Abominable, of course) and some fun sprinkles, you have a sweet treat to enjoy!
I love how this blue colored punch adds a pop to the movie night spread! Just pick up your favorite blue drink at the store. Boom – done! (Hot cocoa would also be a fun idea.)
Abominable Ice Cream Bar
Feels a little chilly at the top of Mount Everest! Something about furry Abominable snowmen that get me hungry for some ice cream! This Abominable inspired ice cream bar will have everyone feeling all “white.” Marshmallows, coconut flakes, an assortment of blue sprinkles and vanilla ice cream top off this fun Everest inspired treat.
Everest Popcorn Balls
It’s not the holidays without the popcorn balls! These easy Abominable movie night ideas wouldn’t be complete without a treat to make you smile! These Everest Popcorn Balls are a perfect combo of holidays and FUN!
Abominable Movie Inspired Popcorn Balls
- 4 TBSP butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 5/8 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 quarts plain popcorn, popped (about 2.5 bags microwave popcorn)
- cooking spray
- 1 bag white candy melts
- 5 light blue candy melts
- 5 black candy melts
- black decorating gel
- 2 TBSP white chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Combine butter, confectioners sugar, mini marshmallows, corn syrup, cold water and vanilla extract in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Combine sugar mixture with popcorn, coating evenly.
- Spray cooking spray onto hands, gloves, or inside of popcorn ball maker, and quickly roll popcorn into balls before the mixture hardens. Be careful, the mixture will be hot!
- Place balls onto wax paper to cool. Wrap in cellophane or plastic bags to store until ready for decorating.
- Melt blue candy melts in small microwaveable dish, stirring every 10 seconds until melted. Use tip of a knife to carefully dip and place blue eyes onto your white candy melts. Allow to dry.
- Melt black candy melts in small microwaveable dish, stirring every 10 seconds until melted. Use tip of a knife to carefully dip and place black circles on top of your blue eyes. Allow to dry.
- Melt about 5 white candy melts in small microwaveable dish, stirring every 10 seconds until melted. Dip backs of eyes into the melted white candy melts and adhere to your popcorn balls. Allow to fully dry.
- Create Everest's mouth using the black decorating gel. Cut white chocolate baking chips in half to create teeth and adhere to the mouth. Allow to dry.
- Top the popcorn balls with coconut flakes for Everest's awesome hairdo!
- Serve immediately or tightly cover. Makes 16-20 popcorn balls.
We also had fun stringing together the popcorn balls for a garland too! Décor AND food in one? ABSOLUTELY! Someone may or may not have been sneaking in some bites before our movie.
Also, be sure to check out TeaCollection.com for some fun Abominable merchandise. They designed a limited-edition line of clothing inspired by the movie including the shirts worn by my kids in this post!
We have a furry friend at the top of our holiday wish list this season. And with these Easy Abominable Movie Night Ideas, we cannot wait to make Everest a part of our family holiday traditions. Pick up a copy of the #1 Original Animated Film of the Year – and bring home the Abominable movie for your family. Are you ready to host your Abominable movie night?