Get into the action of the new Captain America: Civil War movie with these easy Captain American Civil War Popsicles as part of a Skittles® and Dollar General sponsored series for Socialstars™ #BUY2GET2
Captain America Civil War Popsicles | Sweet vs Sour
Are you Team Captain America or Team Iron Man? It’s pretty heated in this house right now. While I am for Team Cap (I’m mean c’mon, Chris Evans!), my husband is siding with Team Iron Man. But as we prepare for the epic Marvel movie of the year, I knew that we needed the perfect snack to go along with the summer blockbuster. Captain America Civil War Popsicles….. oh yes we did!
It’s time to take on Captain America versus Iron Man in the most epic snack battle of the year! Find out how to make these easy Captain America Civil War Popsicles for your next movie screening or party.
My family and I have a thing for popsicles. Living in Florida, it’s a daily staple during the hot summer months. To play on the Marvel team rivalries, I turned to Skittles® to build the ultimate family treat. Sweet versus Sour? There’s a Skittles® candy for that!
Here’s a sweet and sour recipe that you will LOVE this summer, perfectly themed for your favorite Marvel super heroes.
Captain America Civil War Popsicles - Sweet vs Sour
- 6 oz. Blueberry Yogurt
- 6 oz. Lemon Yogurt
- 1 Bag of Original Skittles
- 1 Bag of Sour Skittles
- Optional: Blue and Yellow Food Coloring
- To make Captain America Popsicles (sweet!), mix blueberry yogurt with a couple of drops of blue food coloring if desired. Place a few red strawberry Skittles (original bag) at the bottom of the popsicle mold. Fill in mold with blueberry yogurt. Top with a few more red strawberry Skittles.
- To make Iron Man Popsicles (sour), mix lemon yogurt with a couple of drops of yellow food coloring if desired. Place a few sour lemon and sour strawberry Skittles at the bottom of the popsicle mold. Fill in mold with lemon yogurt. Top with a few more sour lemon and sour strawberry Skittles.
- Freeze popsicles for 2-4 hours, or until hardened.
- Serve immediately.
So which popsicles would you sink your teeth into first?
Sweet Captain America?
Or Sour Iron Man? The lines are definitely blurred now.
With treats this delicious, my husband and I may be trading sides 🙂
Ready to make your own Captain America Civil War themed popsicles? Be sure to head into Dollar General to stock up on your Skittles® candy! Between 5/5/16 – 5/19/16 (just so happens to be when Captain America: Civil War comes out), you can grab a Dollar General digital coupon to get Skittles® for Buy 1 Get 1 Free! And to sweeten the deal, when you buy any 5 participating Wrigley products (yes, that includes Skittles®!) you can also get a $10 Fandango credit to see Captain America: Civil War.
It’s the perfect time to stock up on your family’s favorite candy! Don’t forget to also grab extra bags of Skittles® to make this Skittles BBQ Sauce & Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe too.
Would you eat the Captain America popsicles or the Iron Man popsicles?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more delicious family recipes, kid crafts, travel and moments!