May contain affiliate links. All holiday crafty opinions are my own
Puzzle Piece Holly Garland Christmas Kids Craft
I am such a sucker for adorable kids crafts hanging on a string. I can’t help myself when those holidays come around. There’s this one, and this one and most recently this one. Cute, right? So naturally, the holidays come around and I get the itch to craft a garland. I mean, adorable frugal kids craft on a string…yup it’s for me. So this Puzzle Piece Holly Garland Kids Craft came to be, inspired by the unique shape of puzzle pieces (don’t they remind you of holly leaves too?) and my desire to purge old puzzles before Christmas comes. I’m already winning, and we haven’t even crafted yet! Ok, so grab the kiddos for this fun Christmas craft to make your home merry and bright 🙂
Christmas colors have arrived at our home!
What You Will Need:
- Used puzzle pieces, preferably the ones with a white backing
- Green Paint
- Red Pom Poms
- Paint the back of the puzzle pieces with your green paint. Allow to dry.
- Glue two puzzle pieces together, in a diagonal overlap.
- Tie a puzzle piece set onto your twine. This will be your holly leaves. Leave a space. Tie on your next set of leaves. Leave a space. Keep going until you get your desired garland length.
- Take your red pom poms and glue on top of your holly leaves. One, three, ten – let your little one decide 🙂
- Display for all to see for the holidays!
Seriously, how cute was this kids craft? Super Christmas fun and frugal, I think I spent a whopping $1 in pom poms for this craft.
And my daughter just loves hanging it up all over the house with pride! Hope this afternoon of Christmas crafting inspires you and your littles this season.
Need some more adorable Christmas Kids Craft inspiration? Here’s some of our most popular!
Follow Raising Whasians’s board Kids Crafts on Pinterest.
See what else we are crafting up on my Pinterest Board too! New kids crafts going up all of the time!