Make an easy and fun Shamrock Garland out of toilet paper rolls with this Easy St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft. May contain commissioned links.
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft | Shamrock Garland
I’m so late, I know. St. Patrick’s Day crept on me too quickly following my Cinderella Movie Journey! So to get into the “last minute” holiday spirit, we made this EASY St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft Shamrock Garland, featuring one of my favorite kids craft supplies, empty toilet paper rolls!
So in case you haven’t gotten in the St. Patty’s Day groove like I have, here’s a fabulously easy and frugal last minute craft that you and your kids will LOVE! And we did it all under $3 🙂
What You Will Need:
- Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- Ribbon, about 5/8 inch thick (I used rainbow, because St. Patrick’s Day!)
- Green Paint
- Single Hole Punch
1. Paint the outside of the Toilet Paper Rolls with green paint. Allow to dry.
2. When dry, cut tubes into 3/4 to 1 inch thick circles. Should make about 5 circles per roll.
3. Now paint the inside of the rolls green. Allow to dry.
4. Set aside 4 circles. We will use them later.
5. Ok, let’s work on those shamrocks with the rest of the circles. Using your fingers, pinch the middle top of the circle in towards the center. Then pinch the middle bottom of the circle out to get a heart shape. Crease the rolls to retain the shape.
6. Gather 3 hearts together, points down to form your three-leaf clovers. Glue together. Should make about 7-8 shamrocks.
7. Remember those circles you set aside? Go ahead and cut them in half to give you 8 semi-circles. Glue the stems to the bottoms of the shamrocks.
9. Using your hole punch, punch one hole on either side of the top of the shamrock.
10. Thread your ribbon through.
11. Hang your shamrock garland for all to see!
This craft can be done all in one afternoon (as long as you don’t paint them too thick) and is a festive way to get into the St. Patty’s Day spirit with the kids. While I may be super duper late this season, we can still celebrate all of the GREEN that this Easy St. Patrick’s Day Kids Craft has to offer 🙂
Need another easy St. Patrick’s Day craft idea? Grab my Leprechaun Popcorn Hat Kids Craft for a yummy way to enjoy the holiday!
How are you celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with the kids?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for easy kids crafts, family recipe ideas and hilarious parenting stories!