Do you want to build a snowman? Make this easy DIY Olaf Ornament Kids Craft to hang on your Christmas tree inspired by Disney’s Frozen! May contain commissioned links.
DIY Olaf Ornament Kids Craft
With Christmas almost here and my girl’s favorite movie of the season being Disney Frozen (of course), I thought it completely appropriate and FUN to create this DIY Olaf Ornament for the holidays.
Adorable ornament would be perfect for gifting, crafting with your kids, and hanging on the tree for your favorite Frozen lover! And talk about frugal, I think I spent a total of $0 on this one! Make sure to start saving those old light bulbs…. 🙂
What You Will Need:
- 1 Old Light Bulb (no sense in wasting a perfectly good working one)
- White Acrylic Paint
- Black & Orange Construction Paper
- 2 Googly Eyes
- Black Sharpie
- 3 Tree Sticks
- Hot Glue
1. Paint the light bulb with the acrylic paint to get your Olaf looking snowy white. I even used my finger for this one. Allow to dry.
2. Hot glue the 2 Googly Eyes towards the middle of the head and stem coming together.
3. Cut out Olaf’s eyebrows out of black construction paper. Hot glue above the eyes onto the stem of the bulb.
4. Cut out Olaf’s nose out of orange construction paper (note that I used some unique lattice ribbon for this one to make my Olaf stand out a little more). Glue below the eyes.
5. Using a pencil, draw a mouth for Olaf. I kept his mouth closed so I wouldn’t have to Sharpie the whole thing. Make sure to not forget his adorable snow tooth 🙂
6. Trace over the pencil with your Black Sharpie to complete Olaf’s mouth.
7. On the metal screw-in part of the bulb (above the eyebrows), glue on 3 tree sticks (yes, I got them from my yard) to give Olaf his hair.
8. Using your ribbon (see how I went Frozen blue), go ahead and glue your ornament loop on the back of Olaf, around the stem/screw-in metal part. I would make sure this is extra secure since this will be crucial to your Olaf Ornament’s survival for many years to come.
And TA-DA! This adorable DIY Olaf Ornament is ready for hanging and keeping your kids feeling cool all Christmas season long. I am super happy with the results and cannot believe that I literally spent NO money on this one of a kind holiday craft! Keep in mind, the light bulb is made of glass. I recommend doing this craft with kids old enough to not shatter the bulb in the process.
We are loving our new DIY Olaf Ornament for winter! Though I must say, Olaf has us already thinking about summer 🙂
Looking for more Christmas ideas?
Need some Christmas Craft ideas? I’ve got some adorable ones for you!
Check out this Stained Glass Christmas Tree
DIY Baby Groot Ornament
K Cup Christmas Tree
Hope you and your kids will love making this DIY Olaf Ornament this Christmas just as much as we did!
Disclosure ~ May contain commissioned links. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more easy crafts, recipes and more!
laura rubenstein says
What a great idea!! So cute 🙂
Thanks, Laura! Let me know if you make one 🙂
Dorothy Boucher says
I think this is so cute and such a great idea and so easy to do 🙂 Thanks for share
Thank you, Dorothy for the kind words!