DIY K-Cup Christmas Tree Craft
Here’s a cute DIY project that would make an amazing Christmas gift for those teachers, mail workers, or anyone that loves coffee!! The best part is that this barely cost me anything to make! If you know someone that loves their coffee and LOVES their K-Cups, make them this easy DIY K-Cup Christmas Tree Craft for the holidays!
What You Need:
(6) Keurig K-Cups – I used ones that I had received as free samples (that I post right on this page!)
(1) pkg. of 1 1/2 inch thick Green Ribbon- $2
(1) pkg of assorted Christmas pom-poms – $1
(1) pkg. of Double Sided Tape
(1) piece of yellow construction paper
Hot Glue Gun (optional)
$3 for the whole gift 🙂
1. Cover each K-cup with the green ribbon, securing with the double sided tape.
2. Trace and cut out ribbon to go onto the “bottoms” of all 6 K-cups
3. Stack into a pyramid (1 on top, 2 on next layer, 3 on bottom. You can get even crazier and add more layers). For added depth, I curved the bottom K cups in a semi “U” shape. Then apply the pom-poms in various spots using the hot glue gun or tape. I used tape and had my son help attach the pom-poms 🙂
4. Make a star by tracing and cutting 2 equal shape stars. Cutting a slit in the bottom of 1 star, thread the 2nd star to create a cross-sectional star. Secure to top of your tree with tape or glue (I chose tape).
And…VOILA! A super cute Christmas Tree ready for gifting. Make this tree even more special by wrapping the whole thing in green or red cellophane and adding curly ribbon or a bow. Your K-Cup lovers will certainly enjoy this little gift!
Big thanks to my friends that helped see this craft to fruition. I did a lot of brainstorming for this one. What do you think? Hope this was Saving (a cute Christmas memory) Said Simply!