Get crafty this Valentine’s Day and upcycle your old puzzle pieces with this Valentine’s Day Kids Craft Puzzle Wreath in the shape of a heart! May contain commissioned links.
Valentine’s Day Kids Craft Puzzle Wreath
Christmas over, I have begun the toy purging process. My son’s sharp mind has led to tons of puzzles in our house. I love puzzles…until we lose pieces. Then the endless searching turns into months of a box collecting dust. But I didn’t have the heart to throw them away. So that’s how this DIY Valentine’s Day Puzzle Wreath Kids Craft was born.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I wanted a great project to keep those little hands busy, and make great upcycle use of our old puzzles. So if you were looking to throw those old puzzles away, here’s the perfect Valentine’s Day kids craft for you!
What You Will Need:
- Your Kids’ Old Puzzles – I used about 48 pieces from various sets. The ones with the “cardboard” backing soak up paint the best
- Ribbon – at least a few inches
- Red Kids Paint
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Paint the backs of the puzzle pieces with the red paint. (This is the FUN part for the kids.) Allow to fully dry
2. Arrange pieces as desired into heart shape, overlapping pieces over and under. Leave about 5-10 extra pieces for later. This may take some time and patience on your part. I started with the middle vee and worked out.
3. Hot glue gun your pieces and allow to set. (Kids, you’ll need an adult to help you.) You may need to bend the pieces to be able to shape them.
4. Turn wreath over. Using the extra pieces you set aside, glue the extra pieces around the top of the heart to reinforce your shape and hold it up for hanging.
5. Tie ribbon around wreath and into a bow. Hang on door, wall, etc. and proudly display your kids’ work!
Isn’t this wreath adorable! Your kids will love creating it with you. And let’s face it parents, you’ll love that you got to use up some of those neglected old puzzles!
Looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas?
Simple and beautiful, I “heart” this upcycled wreath! Such a great idea to give to grandparents for the season too.
Need some more Valentine’s Day craft inspiration? Here’s a few easy ones to do with your littles!