Fall kids crafts just got a lot more colorful with this Stained Glass Fall Leaf Craft with Pebbles Cereal! This crafty post is sponsored by Pebbles Cereal. All FUN opinions are my own
Stained Glass Fall Leaf Craft with Pebbles Cereal
Could someone please tell Florida that tomorrow is the first day of fall? It’s another scorcher today – over 90 degrees here in the Sunshine State. And while today may be the last official day of summer, I’m still over here dreaming of boots and sweaters and fall leaves and PSLs. Oh, how I miss the trees changing colors in those northern states!
So while I *impatiently* wait for cool temperatures, my preschooler and I are busy creating our own fall leaf magic. We’re getting crafty today with this Stained Glass Fall Leaf Craft with Pebbles Cereal to bring out the beautiful fall leaf colors.
You know you’re a blogger that moment when you see a box of Fruity Pebbles Cereal and think “I can craft that.” I knew I had to take full advantage of those colorful little cereal pieces for this fall inspired craft. I miss changing seasons and the endless hills of colorful leaves. So we decided to bring the beauty of fall to our…window. We take what we can get, ok? 🙂 So let’s get started on this fun stained glass fall leaf craft!
What You Will Need:
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Construction Paper – Reds, Greens, Yellows, Oranges – think fall!
- Clear Con-Tact Adhesive Shelf Liner
- Start by cutting out leaf shapes out of construction paper folded in half, like the picture above. Don’t worry about a crazy pattern or anything – just go with the flow. Then, you’re going to cut out the inside so you leave a 1 inch to 2 inch border around the edges. Now you have a leaf outline.
- Place your leaves on the sticky side of one sheet of Con-Tact paper. Be sure to press hard to seal out air bubbles.
- Now for the fun. Let your little one fill the inner part of the leaves with Fruity Pebbles Cereal – go nuts! Be sure to spread out the cereal so that you don’t have any crazy mounds, evenly coating the area.
- Now take your second piece of Con-Tact paper and seal in the cereal and leaves. Again, make sure to press down firmly (especially around the construction paper) and seal so the cereal doesn’t fall out.
- Now take your scissors and cut out the border of the leaves, leaving a tiny border of Con-Tact paper intact around the leaves.
- Hang up your fall leaf craft masterpiece and celebrate the season!
How colorful are these fall leaves?! When the sunlight hits these leaves just right, those colors really sparkle! We are “falling” in love with this easy Stained Glass Fall Leaf Craft thanks to Pebbles Cereal.
More Fruity Pebbles Craft & Food Inspiration
It’s been so much fun working with Pebbles Cereal this year! From dinosaur adventures to Back-to-School treats – Pebbles Cereal has been such a FUN part of our busy family life.
Breakfast Sushi (as featured on Good Housekeeping!)
Dinosaur Sensory Bin
Pearl Oyster Cereal Treats + 10 Bento Lunches
How are you crafting your way into the fall season?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for crafty inspiration, easy family recipes, travel tips and more.
Amber Ludwig says
SUPER FUN!! We always have Fruity Pebbles on hand too lol!! Totally pinning for later!!