Ready for an out-of-this-world school year? Head back-to-school with these Solar Eclipse Bento Box Ideas. This post is sponsored by Produce for Kids. All delicious opinions are my own. May contain affiliate links.
Solar Eclipse Bento Box Ideas
What does a solar eclipse and back-to-school have in common? Deliciousness! In case you haven’t heard, a”big deal” in our universe is coming on August 21, 2017. A solar eclipse, where the moon passes between the earth and the sun will cause a period of time where the moon will literally block out the sun. Not to be seen again until July 2, 2019, your family will definitely want to experience this beautiful and rare phenomenon. Not wanting to miss out on this exciting time in the sky, I thought it fitting that I bring a little space learning into our back-to-school lunchboxes with these Solar Eclipse Bento Box Ideas. Grab these delicious, healthy, and adorable ideas as we get ready to watch the skies this August. And find out how your Solar Eclipse Bento Box can donate $1 to Feeding America – by taking the Produce for Kids Power Your Lunchbox Pledge.
It’s hard to believe that we are already in back-to-school mode. Was it only a few days ago that our family was enjoying the lazy days of summer? Getting back into waking up early, ushering two kids out of the door and packing lunches again – it’s already a whirlwind. I’m always looking for amazing inspiration for my kids’ lunchboxes. And how cool that a solar eclipse is just on the horizon (HA!). So taking a healthy spin on this awesome phenomenon, we were excited to bring a little bit more produce into our lunch – and be able to give back at the same time.
Power Your Lunchbox, Donate $1 to Feeding America + WIN!
There is nothing more satisfying than being able to give back. This year, you can donate $1 to Feeding America, just by taking a few seconds to take the Produce for Kids Power Your Lunchbox Pledge. Your pledge this 2017-2018 school year instantly donates $1 to Feeding America! Here’s how your family can make a difference:
- Head over to PowerYourLunchbox.com now through September 22, 2017.
- Take the online Power Your Lunchbox Pledge to pack a healthier lunch + grab recipes, tips and more.
- $1 for every pledge is donated to Feeding America children’s programs through the generous donation of Produce for Kids 2017 Power your Lunchbox partners: Avocados from Mexico, Bee Sweet Citrus, Crispy Green®, Eat Smart, Earthbound Farm®, Eric Carle®, NatureFresh™, Pero Family Farms, Sun World®, Vegy Vida® and Zespri®.
- WIN! New for 2017, Produce for Kids has partnered with Eric Carle and his collection of children’s books as an added element to encourage classroom pledges. Not only will teachers and parents have FREE access to Eric Carle and Produce for Kids themed activities and lesson plans at PowerYourLunchbox.com, but elementary and preschool classrooms who take the pledge will be entered to win a Very Hungry Caterpillar reading nook for their classroom. PLUS, every day between August 7 and September 22, everyone who has taken the pledge will have a chance to win a popular Eric Carle book too!
- Join the #PowerYourLunchbox Twitter Party on August 17, 2017 4-5 pm EST for more tasty lunchbox ideas, tips, prizes and more.
Solar Eclipse Bento Box Ideas
My kids are super excited for the 2017 Solar Eclipse thanks to these delicious Solar Eclipse Bento Box Ideas. Check out how we made this out-of-this-world delicious lunchbox:
Moon and Stars Grapes
I want to give my kids the moon and stars! These Sun World® Midnight Beauties Grapes are the perfect sweet addition to my kids’ lunches – just spear them on these sparkly star picks.
Partial Solar Eclipse Veggies
Don’t forget the universe of vegetables! Cucumbers and yellow mini peppers from Pero Family Farms are the perfect shapes for moon and sun solar eclipses. I used a melon baller to create the crescent moons.
Make-Your-Own Solar Eclipse Cheese Sandwiches
Tortillas, cheese and a circle cookie cutter can go a long way! Have your kids practice making their own solar eclipse by building their own cheese sandwiches. Allow them to cover the cheese “sun” with their “moon” tortilla in different phases to show how a solar eclipse works.
Can’t have a lunch without the crunch! We added these crunchy sesame sticks to the lunchbox so they can enjoy a little taste from the asteroid belt.
Full Solar Eclipse Fruit Bites
This has to be my favorite part of the solar eclipse bento. We made full solar eclipse fruit bites out of Zespri® kiwi (have you tried these yet? Super sweet and they’re YELLOW on the inside!) and cut pieces of black plums.
Need some more delicious Power Your Lunchbox ideas? Grab these favorites:
- Apple Chip Nachos
- Easy Mango Raspberry Fruit Leather
- 13 Bento Lunchbox Ideas
- Paleo Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Garlic & Parmesan Crispy Kale Chips
We’re getting ready for the galactic event of the year with these Solar Eclipse Bento Box Ideas. But only are we powering our kids with delicious and healthy lunches, but we’re making a difference this school year by supporting Feeding America. Take the 2017 Produce for Kids Power your Lunchbox Pledge and promise to power your family’s lunches with delicious produce this school year – and do so much more with your healthy lunches.
Are you excited for the Solar Eclipse on August 21, 2017? How is your family celebrating this universally awesome occasion?
Looking for more?