Make a delicious back-to-school snack that’s healthy too! Make this Crispy Kale Chips with Garlic & Parmesan Recipe for a crunchy after-school treat. This post is sponsored by Produce for Kids. All yummy opinions are my own
Crispy Kale Chips with Garlic & Parmesan
Chips. My son would seriously eat an entire bag of chips if I’d let him. The salty, crunchy, crispy goodness is his comfort food after a busy day at school.
As any good parent would do, I’m constantly trying to find healthier ways for him to enjoy his favorite foods. So I’ve put away the bag of chips for these Crispy Kale Chips with Garlic & Parmesan. Grab tips on how to make the perfect crispy and crunchy kale chips for a delicious after-school snack – with this EASY recipe!
Kale Chips Tips for Crunchy Snacks
Kale is a big player in the produce world today. And kale chips have definitely hit the snacking industry by storm. Rightfully so. They’re flipping delicious. So of course, I had to try my hand at the tasty chip alternative.
And it all starts with choosing the right kale. Not just any kale will do for the perfect kale chips. I trust Earthbound Farm® Baby Kale, the delicious and organic choice for my family. The secret to perfect crispy and crunchy kale chips lie in the drying of the kale leaves. The drier the better. With Earthbound Farm Baby Kale, these sweet little leaves have already been triple washed, making the leaves even easier to dry. A few spins in my salad spinner and a pat with a towel, and I’m ready to go.
A drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of garlic salt and Parmesan cheese and you’re only minutes away from snacking fun!
How to Make Crispy Kale Chips with Garlic & Parmesan Recipe
Ready to make your own? Here’s the Crispy Kale Chips with Garlic & Parmesan Recipe:
Crispy Kale Chips with Garlic & Parmesan
- Bunch of Kale such as Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Kale, washed and thoroughly dried. Stems removed.
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Garlic Salt
- 2 TSP Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place kale in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until crispy (but not burnt). Serve immediately. Store leftovers in tightly sealed container.
I love making these kale chips for my family. Made in minutes, it’s a delicious, healthy, feel-good snack that doesn’t give me an ounce of mom guilt. And even better, I know that my purchase of Earthbound Farm Baby Kale is making a difference.
Pledge to Power Your Lunchbox & Donate $1 to Feeding America
Produce for Kids has teamed up with some of the country’s best produce companies for back-to-school with the opportunity to not only make our kids’ lunchboxes delicious – but kids around America. And YOU can make a difference. Take the Power Your Lunchbox pledge this 2016-2017 school year and you can instantly donate $1 to Feeding America! Here’s how:
- Head over to PowerYourLunchbox.com now through September 23, 2016.
- Take the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge to pack a healthier lunch.
- For every pledge, the PYLP Partners (Avocados from Mexico – Mexican Hass Avocados, Bee Sweet Citrus, Crispy Fruit Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks from Crispy Green®, Eat Smart® Fresh Cut Vegetables, Earthbound Farm® Baby Kale, GROW Bananas by Organics Unlimited, Marie’s® Dressings, Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice, NatureFresh™ greenhouse tomatoes, Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet Peppers and Snipped Green Beans, and Sun World® grapes) will donate $1 to Feeding America’s children’s programs such as Kids Café, Backpack program and Child Hunger Corps. (BONUS, you’ll get some great coupons too!)
- Show off your healthy lunchbox and WIN! Tag your healthy lunchbox with hashtag #PowerYourLunchbox on Instagram and Twitter to be automatically entered to win daily prizes like Bentology™ boxes and have their lunchboxes featured on the Produce for Kids Facebook page.
- Feel empowered that you are creating healthier choices for your family AND for America’s kids!
In the 2015 Power Your Lunchbox Pledge, 10,797 families and classrooms took the pledge to pack a healthier lunchbox and donated 107,970 meals to families in need through Feeding America. That’s all thanks to you! Can we make 2016 an even BIGGER year? Take the pledge now at PowerYourLunchbox.com. Let’s pack our kids the best possible lunches while providing meals to kids around the U.S. It’s a win-win!
Looking for more healthy ideas for your kids? Check out these popular recipes:
I’ve pledged to make 2016 the best year yet for my 2nd grader. These Crispy Kale Chips with Garlic and Parmesan are the perfect after-school snack for keeping my little guy powered to learn and grow.