Holy cuteness! Make this Easy Origami Bunny Easter Craft with your kids this spring! May contain commissioned links
Easy Origami Bunny Butt Easter Craft
There’s seriously nothing cuter than a bunny butt at Easter time.
Not sure why, but we make all of the butt cookies, butt cupcakes, and butt signs….an adorable Easter bunny butt craft was bound to happen on this blog. If for no other reason, just so we can say awwww together.
For an easy and FUN idea for the spring season, I bring you the most adorable Easy Origami Bunny Butt Easter Craft.
Easy Origami Easter Bunny Butt Craft
What You Will Need:
- 2 pieces of perfectly square paper (origami paper preferred, but not required. Just use the thickness of computer paper). Fun spring prints encouraged!
- White Pom Poms
- White Glue
- Ok, so first, we are going to make an origami balloon. The EASIEST way to make this is using the YouTube video tutorial I created just for you. You can also find step by step picture instructions HERE. Start with the non-colorful side of the paper facing up. Fold in half diagonally. Open back up, fold in half on the other diagonal. Open back up.
- Flip the paper over so the colorful side is facing up. Fold in half (NOT on the diagonal). Open back up and fold in half again. Open back up.
- We’re now going to fold a waterbomb base (funky origami lingo….just hang with me). Colorful side up, find one long triangle. Fold the paper so you have two matching triangles with the sides folded in (do not try to force the folds, it should happen easily and naturally). Press down and secure your creases.
- Now take the ends of one side of the triangle and fold them up towards the center point. Turn the paper over and do the same for the other side. You should have a perfect diamond shape.
- Now fold the two center corners straight in towards the middle. Flip over and do on the other side.
- You now should have two triangle flaps on the upper portion of your box. Fold down once and then again. Then tuck the triangle INSIDE the little flap to hold in place….like a pocket. Do the same for the other 3 corners.
- Now your bunny box needs to be blown up. Find the hole in the center of the box. Yes, blow into it, until your cube is completely formed. (You may need to gently help open the sides with your fingers. Just keep from ripping the paper.)
- Alrighty, hard part over! Now we just need to add ears and a tail. Cut your second piece of origami paper into quarters. Fold one of your quarters in half. Take your scissors and cut out some adorable bunny ears. (totally ok if you mess up, you have 3 more quarters to work with)
- Glue your ears onto the bunny box, on the side where the blow hole is.
- Now place glue on your pom pom. Glue onto the opposite side of your ears, in the center of your box. Allow everything to dry.
AWWWW!! Yes, an adorable origami bunny butt has been made, perfect for displaying this Easter season! Have fun creating these little bunny butts for Spring and placing them all over the house.
Nothing but giggles from my kids!
Need some more Easter inspiration? Check out our Lollipop Garden & Button Carrot Craft! And be sure to checkout my Easter Pinterest board for lots of great family fun ideas!
There’s no “butts” about it. This Easter kids craft is adorably fun! Grab the kids and make this Easy Origami Bunny Butt Easter Craft.
Have fun creating this Easy Origami Bunny Butt Easter Craft! How are you crafting with your kids this Spring season?
More fun Easter kids craft ideas:
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more of our adorable kids craft ideas, family recipes and more!
My granddaughter is so interested in origami and this looks so cute and fun. Cant wait to share it with her.
the name itself had me giggling. I’m forwarding this to my daughter to get working on a whole family
Kelly Hutchinson says
Holy smokes those are adorable! I know my daughter would love making these for Easer.
denise low says
These are really cute. The grandkids will like this. We will give it a try when the come over.
rochelle haynes says
This is so cute my grand kids will love this
Ashley ~ 3 Little Greenwoods says
My boys are totally into origami and I can’t wait to share your tutorial with them!
Bunny butts are so cute! I forgot how to make these fun origami balloons, I used to make them all the time as a kids. Thanks for the awesome video tutorial so I can remember! Pinned and shared.
P.S. Love the mothering while videoing 🙂
Paula Atwell says
Seriously cute idea!
Justin Tan says
THese are super duper cute!! I’m going to make this with my son when mummy goes for manicure!! THey’re going to be very cute Easter craft.
These are sooooo cute! I know my kids will have so much fun making them! Thanks for the great idea.
Karen Propes says
These bunny butts are so adorable. Thanks for sharing the instructions so I can them a try. I can put around in the house and if I can make them, maybe have for a in the house bunny butt hunt. Happy Easter to you and your family.