Make a DIY Spring Garden for Kids – perfect play time idea! Post sponsored by Dum Dums Lollipops. All fun and creative opinions are my own
DIY Spring Garden for Kids with Dum Dums Lollipops #TheMagicofSpring
The birds are chirping, the blooms are sprouting, and the sun is warm. It must be Spring! And to celebrate The Magic of Spring this season, I’m so excited to share this amazing and fun new activity for your family! This DIY Spring Garden for Kids will help bring a little whimsy and fun into your home this spring, thanks to Dum Dums Lollipops! So how are we kicking off the season? Check out how the kids created added a little bit of “sweetness” to their Spring!
So here’s how the The Magic of Spring Garden works. Getting creative with your kids, you are going to grow your own garden of Dum Dums Lollipops! I know! It’s so Willy Wonka fun, right? Those little suckers that have been a part of many kids’ memories growing up (including mine) are back this season with an all-new way to get your family ready for Spring! The possibilities are endless! So here’s how we made our own Rainbow Lollipop Garden:
What You Will Need:
- 1 pouch of Magic Jelly Beans
- 1 bag of Dum Dums Lollipops
- 3 Heaping Cups of Love
- A Dash of Care
- 6 Increasing Size Pots – Picked up from the craft store for under $10
- Foam Flower and Grass Stickers
1. Paint your pots. Since we had a rainbow theme going, each pot got painted into a corresponding rainbow color. (Who else is saying Roy G. Biv in their heads right now?) Allow to dry.
2. Decorate your pots. This is where the fun creativity comes in! Using our Dum Dums as inspiration, we painted designs with the sticks, the wrapper and our hands to bring a little uniqueness to our project!
3. Fill pots with dirt. This was definitely a favorite hands-on part of the project (Baths all around!)
4. Line up your pots. Don’t they look so festive?
5. Plant your magic jelly beans. Let me tell you how hard it was to keep my baby girl from eating those magic beans!
6. The next morning, surprise your kids with a Magical Lollipop Garden! Sprouted from the dirt are Dum Dums blooms. Using the foam flower stickers, I just removed the backings and stuck the sticky side towards the bottom of the lollipop.
7. Enjoy happy kids and a happy Spring!
The creativity and fun are endless with The Magic of Spring Garden inspirations! Feel free to take your garden inside with edible grass and dirt. Think about a flower box and rows of little sucker blooms! The choice is up to you and your family. The best part is being able to give your kids a little bit of that whimsical magic into the season. The shock and smile on my son’s face alone was enough to say that this project was a huge success!
Are you ready to get started on your own Magic of Spring Garden? Then head over to TheMagicofSpring.com and be inspired by all of the games, activities and sweets that Dum-Dums has to offer your family this spring as well as inspiration to make your own garden! Be sure to follow Dum Dums via Facebook.com/dumdums, Twitter @dum_dums, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for great kids projects, new flavors and more!
How are you getting into The Magic of Spring?
Disclosure ~ I was proud and excited to work with Dum Dums this Spring. All opinions are my own. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more reviews, giveaways and more.