Looking for a healthy back-to-school lunch idea? Power Your Lunchbox with these No Mayo Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers! This post is sponsored by Produce for Kids. All delicious opinions are my own.
No Mayo Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers
Move over sandwiches. Chicken salad is in the house! Err…or the lunchbox. You get what I mean. It’s another back-to-school season and as always, my daughter continues to be the most challenging when it comes to making school lunches. PB sandwiches are BO-ORING (said in her emphatic whine tone). She’d rather have an avocado and some chicken wings. But guess who’s NOT bringing a hot gourmet lunch into school every day?
So finding a way to combine her love of chicken and avocado in a mom-approved school lunch – BOOM. Chicken salad. We are saying goodbye to boring sandwiches with these No Mayo Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers and a mom hack that makes prep during the morning rush a BREEZE. Find out how to step up your chicken salad to Power Your Lunchbox this back-to-school season.
Power Your Lunchbox & End Hunger with Feeding America
It’s always a win-win when you can feed your family healthy food while also giving back. And I’m so excited to share that Produce for Kids is partnering again this back-to-school season with nine health-conscious brands to donate 180,000 meals to Feeding America through the Power Your Lunchbox initiative. Making sure that every American family has the resources they need for a successful school year and supporting families in need with meals during the busy school season, it’s one of the reasons why I love this #PowerYourLunchbox campaign so much.
Look for the Produce for Kids signs throughout your local Publix produce section, and be sure to stock up on these healthy back-to-school favorite brands:
- Bee Sweet Citrus – Mandarins
- Crispy Green®- Crispy Fruit
- Litehouse® – Ranch & Blue Cheese cups and Family Sized Ranch Dressing
- GROW – GROW Bananas
- NatureFreshTM Farms – Greenhouse Tomatoes
- Pero Family Farms® – Snipped Green Beans, Mini Sweet Peppers, Veggie Spirals
- RealSweet® – Peruvian Sweet Onions
- WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE – Minis & Snack Cups (with chips)
- Zespri® – SunGoldTM Kiwifruit
Head to PowerYourLunchBox.com for more lunchbox ideas, meal planning tips and enter to win an Echo Show!
No Mayo Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers Recipe
What’s great about this recipe is that it takes leftovers from dinner the night before and puts them to WORK! No wasted food, easy prep the night before, happy little tummy, and a seriously delicious flavor combo that has my kids believing that this “healthy” lunch is so much more. I mean – bite sized stuffed sweet peppers! How adorable are they?
And no guac goes to waste either when you mix up the fun with WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE minis. A perfect substitute for mayo, this creamy and flavorful base takes this no mayo chicken salad to another level.
No Mayo Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken (like leftover rotisserie or grilled chicken), shredded
- 1 TBSP RealSweet® - Peruvian Sweet Onions, finely diced
- 1 TBSP carrots, peeled, finely diced
- 1 tub WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE Minis Container (2 oz.)
- 6-8 Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet Peppers
- Combine chicken, onion and carrots in a small bowl. Cover until ready for use.
- Stir in one WHOLLY GUACAMOLE Minis container until evenly covered.
- Cut tops off of the mini peppers and remove seeds. Stuff chicken salad into peppers.
- Serve immediately or keep cold until ready to eat.
My favorite part of this easy lunch recipe? You can prep the night before. Stir in the pre-measured guacamole the morning of. Bye-bye, brown avocados! Hello, delicious chicken salad! Ready to make these no may chicken salad stuffed peppers?
Head over to ProduceforKids.com/PowerYourLunchbox for lots of delicious healthy recipes for your family and learn more about how your produce purchase makes a difference! Create your own healthy inspired recipe this back-to-school season and tag with hashtag #PowerYourLunchbox. And be sure to follow Produce for Kids via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for more ideas!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox?
Looking for more yummy back-to-school ideas? Check out these popular posts:
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more of your easy family recipes, kid crafts, travel tips and FUN!