Swap out the juice this new year for these 8 Infused Water Recipes Kids Will Actually Drink + Stir Stick Idea, perfect for their lunch boxes! This post is sponsored by Produce for Kids. All delicious opinions are my own.
8 Infused Water Recipes Kids Will Actually Drink + Stir Stick Idea
My daily parent struggle: getting my kids to drink more water.
Nagging, begging, pleading, and sometimes down to bribing – my kids will drink like camels when there’s juice around. But water brings about the daily face palm. If only water was their first choice in beverage.
I’m not the only one looking to make healthy changes in the new year. I want healthier options for my kids as well. So to make lunches a little more exciting for my picky drinkers, I’m giving them options with these 8 Infused Water Recipes Kids Will Actually Drink for 2018. Plus check out this fun stir stick idea – perfect for packing in the kids’ lunches!
Stock Up on Your Produce to Power Your Lunchbox
No fruit infused water is complete without the delicious fresh produce like Wish Farm Strawberries and Bee Sweet Citrus Oranges. Back by popular demand, the Produce for Kids Power Your Lunchbox Promise is now happening twice a year, starting right now. Make the pledge this New Year to Power Your Lunchbox with delicious fresh produce and you can donate $1 to Feeding America. Here’s how:
- Head over to PowerYourLunchbox.com now through February 17, 2018.
- Take the Power Your Lunchbox Promise to pack a healthier lunch.
- For every pledge, the PYLP Partners (Avocados from Mexico – Mexican Hass Avocados, Bee Sweet Citrus, Crispy Fruit Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks from Crispy Green®, Earthbound Farm® Baby Kale, Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet Peppers, Snipped Green Beans and Organic Snipped Green Beans, and Wish Farms Strawberries) will donate $1 to your local Feeding America’s children’s programs such as Kids Café, Backpack program and Child Hunger Corps. (BONUS, you’ll get some great coupons too!)
- Show off your delicious lunchbox ideas with hashtag #PowerYourLunchbox to be featured on Produce for Kids social media pages!
8 Infused Water Recipes Kids Will Actually Drink
Want kids to drink more water? Here’s a few tips before we start infusing their water:
- Options – let them pick out their favorite fruits, allow them to chop them up, add them in.
- Fun names – giving their drinks cool names will help make finishing the drink more fun.
- Good flavor – go with your kids’ favorites. If they hate sour foods, avoid lemon and lime. If they’re not big fruit lovers, start with only a few and build up over time.
- Goals – kids love a little friendly competition. Give them a check-off list/reward for finishing “x” number of waters. Let them see which kid finishes their water first.
Now onto the deliciousness. Here’s a few of our family’s favorite fruit infused water recipes kids will actually drink:
- Citrus Blast (Lemon, Orange, Lime)
- Berry Burst (Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry)
- Rainbow Water (Strawberry, Orange, Pineapple, Kiwi, Blueberry, Raspberry)
- Watermelon Cucumber Strawberry
- Strawberry Kiwi Lime
- Lemon Orange Strawberry
- Pineapple Cucumber Strawberry
- Orange Lime Cucumber
Fruit Infused Water Stir Sticks for Kids
Giving my kids options and independence in their food choices makes things a little easier for us all. And while fruit infused water may not be the first thing that comes to their minds, they both love their drinks stirred…not shaken. So let them stir in the fun in their lunch with these Fruit Infused Water Stir Sticks. Here’s how:
- Add your child’s favorite fruits to a skewer (cutting off the pointy end if desired. Safety first!)
- Use a toothpick to poke holes into the fruit (to help infuse your child’s water a little faster)
- Stir the stick into your child’s water to bring delicious fruit flavor into their drink, perfect for packing into lunchboxes (and for those indecisive kids that may or may not want to infuse their water that day)
Water doesn’t have to be boring! Set those healthy drinking goals for your kids with these 8 Infused Water Recipes Kids Will Actually Drink and stir in the fun with these fruit infused water stir sticks too!
Promise to make 2018 a great year for you and your family by drinking more water while giving back! Power Your Lunchbox with delicious fresh produce this winter and help end hunger in America. Head over to ProduceforKids.com/Publix for more delicious healthy recipes for your family and learn more about how your produce purchase makes a difference. Be sure to follow Produce for Kids via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for more delicious and healthy kid-friendly recipes with hashtag #PowerYourLunchbox.