Upcycle your old toilet paper rolls into fun Disney Mulan inspired kids crafts! Mushu Craft Idea | DIY Fire Breathing Dragon, a fun party idea, kids activity! May contain commissioned links.
Mushu Craft Idea | DIY Fire Breathing Dragon
Dragon! DRA-GON! Not lizard. I don’t do that tongue thing!
Who else is absolutely in love with Disney’s favorite dragon sidekick? To celebrate my all-time favorite Disney animated movie and Disney’s World Princess Week, we’re crafting up a DIY Fire Breathing Dragon that’s Mushu approved! With a few simple craft supplies (I already had over 80% at home) and a little Disney magic, I’m giving a huge nod to Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration and my favorite princess ever, Mulan.
Don’t bring dishonor on your family (or cow)! Let’s make this easy Mushu craft idea NOW!
DIY Mushu Craft Idea | Easy Fire Breathing Dragon
Besides his snarky humor, I just love the bright colors Mushu brings to the big screen. A moral compass and the ultimate Disney Princess sidekick (fight me on this one), Mushu definitely needs his own dedicated craft. Don’t you think? Here’s how to make an easy DIY Mushu Craft inspired by the classic Disney animated princess Mulan, with an upcycled toilet paper roll and a few crafty supplies.
What You Will Need:
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Red construction paper
- 3 large red pom poms
- 2 small red pom poms
- 2 medium sized wiggle googly eyes
- 1 yellow pipe cleaner
- 1 sheet of stiff blue felt
- Crepe paper streamers in red, orange and yellow
- Cut, cover and glue red construction paper around the outside of your toilet paper roll.
- Glue googly eyes to 2 of the large red pom poms. Glue to one of toilet paper roll as shown for Mushu’s eyes.
- Glue two small red pom poms to the remaining large red pom pom. Glue to the other end of the toilet paper roll for Mushu’s nose.
- Cut yellow pipe cleaner into 2 equal pieces. Bend into “s” shapes and glue on either side of Mushu’s nose as shown. Cut 2 long triangles out of the stiff blue felt. Glue onto the back of Mushu’s head, behind his eyes for his dragon horns.
- Cut 1 long and 1 short piece of crepe paper from each color (red, orange and yellow). Cut the strips in half long ways, and cut a point into the end of each piece. Using glue, attach the fire to the inside of the toilet paper roll where Mushu’s mouth is, alternating short and long pieces in various colors to create fire.
Let your kids have fun blowing into the back of Mushu’s head to create an awesome Fire Breathing Dragon effect!
Seriously, how cute is this DIY Mushu craft idea? Perfect for a Mulan party, to celebrate Disney’s World Princess Week or just bring a little bit of Disney magic home for a Mulan family movie night, you know how much our family absolutely loves bringing our favorite Disney dragon to life!