Ready to power up for Avengers: Infinity War? Get ready with these 6 Healthy Avengers Approved Recipes for Kids. This post is sponsored by Dole. I have received compensation in exchange for this post. As always, all delicious opinions are my own.
6 Healthy Avengers Approved Recipes for Kids
While some days it may feel like an “infinity war” to get my kids to eat healthier, Dole and Marvel are here to inspire parents with healthy Avengers recipes for kids – super hero approved!
Let’s team up with our favorite Marvel super heroes this spring with Avengers: Infinity War and the Powering the Hero Within campaign to power our kids with tasty and healthier meal, snack and sweet treat ideas. Check out our 6 favorite healthy Avengers Approved Recipes to fuel your kids’ day!
Powering the Hero Within with Dole and Marvel
With Avengers: Infinity War arriving in theaters this April, now is the perfect time to team up with your favorite Avengers super heroes with a mission for “Powering the Hero Within.” I’m a mom with a passion for feeding my kids the delicious and healthy energy they need to power their souls – and that begins more with fruits and veggies in their daily diets. Look for Avengers characters on your favorite Dole products now through April 30th and grab more tips and ideas at the Powering Hero Within website. Check out some of my favorite healthy Avengers approved recipes:
Sunrise Shield Pizza | Captain America
Prep: 15 minutes | Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium DOLE¨ Bananas, peeled
- 4 frozen whole wheat waffles
- 1/4 cup honey-flavored nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 can (11 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 2 teaspoons honey dash ground cinnamon
- DOLE Fresh Raspberries or Blueberries (optional)
- THINLY slice bananas on diagonal.
- PREPARE waffles according to package directions.
- SPREAD waffles with yogurt. Arrange banana slices on top, overlapping. Arrange mandarin oranges in center of each pizza.
- Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with raspberries or blueberries, if desired.
Power Punch Smoothie | Hulk
Prep: 10 minutes | Makes 2 servings
- 1 DOLE® Pear, quartered with peel
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze® Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup DOLE Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- PUREE pear and avocado with half of the almond milk in an emulsifier blender.
- ADD baby spinach and mint, process until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining almond milk, blend. Serve immediately.
Mjolnir Rollups | Thor
Prep: 15 minutes | Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 (6 to 7-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Raspberries or DOLE Blueberries, slightly crushed
- 4 DOLE Bananas
- MIX together almond butter, maple syrup and cinnamon until blended, in small bowl.
- SPREAD equal amounts of almond butter mixture over each tortilla. Sprinkle berries over almond butter mixture. Slightly flatten each banana with a spatula and place over the berries and roll up.
- LIGHTLY spray skillet with cooking spray over medium-high heat, place wrapped tortillas in skillet and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- REMOVE and cut into bite-sized pieces.
T’Challa Teriyaki Kabobs
Prep: 50 minutes | Makes 6-8 servings
- 1/2 cup less sodium teriyaki sauce, plus reserve for brushing
- 2 cups DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes or shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes
- 2 red or green peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- COMBINE 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons pineapple juice and oil; pour over meat pieces in shallow glass dish.
- Refrigerate; marinate 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Thread meat on skewers alternating with vegetables and pineapple chunks. Discard remaining marinade.
- GRILL 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning skewers and brushing with additional marinade, about 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
Brainy Broccoli and Parm Gratin | Iron Man
Prep: 25 minutes | Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups DOLE® Broccoli, cooked
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- PLACE the cooked broccoli into an oven-proof dish, sprinkle with nutmeg and black pepper.
- COMBINE the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl, then lightly scatter the breadcrumb mixture over the broccoli.
- BAKE for 15 minutes until contents are warm and the breadcrumbs have turned golden brown, remove from the oven and serve.
Bold Banana Parfait | Black Widow
Prep: 23 minutes | Makes 4 servings
- 2 DOLE® Bananas, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup quartered DOLE Strawberries
- 1 cup DOLE Blueberries
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 4 mint leaves
- HEAT grill to high heat.
- Slice bananas diagonally. Sprinkle with cinnamon and grill, for 3 minutes on each side.
- LAYER banana, yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, granola, honey, pomegranate seeds and mint leaves in parfait glasses.
- Serve immediately.
So whether you’re looking to power up your kids with a delicious meal, healthy snack or a sweet treat, Dole is ready to fuel your little super heroes with a little Marvel inspiration. Grab more delicious Avengers approved recipes for kids at Dole.com/Marvel.
GIVEAWAY NOW OVER. THANKS FOR ENTERING.