Have FUN with your kids this fall with this Allergy-Friendly Edible Pumpkin Play Dough DIY & Fall Play Date Ideas.
I participated in an Ambassador Activation on behalf of Influence Central for WaterWipes. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. May contain commissioned links.
Edible Pumpkin Play Dough DIY & Fall Play Date Ideas
Pumpkin! Give us everything pumpkin!
While the calendar may say that we are officially in fall, the temperatures here in Florida are keeping us HOT, HOT, HOT! So when our church playgroup was getting together for our weekly play date, I knew that I wanted to bring a little fall LOVE into the mix.
Inspired by favorite flavor of the season, I made this easy and allergy-friendly Edible Pumpkin Play Dough DIY for the perfect fall play date. With sensory play and a whole lot of messy fun, our kids were definitely getting into the spirit of fall.
Ready to make your own pumpkin play dough? Only 3 ingredients are needed!
It’s inevitable, right? Toddlers + play dough = something going in the mouth. Not saying that we’d ever want this to happen…but if it did, we are ready with this fun twist on a classic kid activity!
Grab your Allergy-friendly Edible Pumpkin Play Dough Ingredients:
What You Will Need
- (1) 16 oz can of pumpkin
- 2 cups of cornstarch
- 1 TBSP of cinnamon
- OPTIONAL Sensory Play Food: We added some delicious extras to our dough for extended sensory play! Pumpkin Seeds, Chocolate Candies and Sprinkles were definitely fun additions for tactile and edible play!
- Mix pumpkin and cinnamon in a medium/large bowl.
- Gradually add cornstarch until the mixture is doughy but not sticky
- Keep refrigerated until ready for play.
- Use sensory play food as desired to mix into your play dough. HAVE FUN! (FYI, 1 can made enough for 6-7 kids)
Fall Play Date Ideas for Toddlers
I was so excited to share our new fall inspired play dough with our friends. Snacks, drinks, and dough in hand, we headed to our local park for play time fun! (I mean what’s fall without a little outdoors?)
Feeling the fall spirit, I even turned peach and mandarin orange fruit cups into pumpkins! Just place the cups lid side down and glue on green construction paper and green pipe cleaner stems. Easy-peasy!
As expected, this fall play dough ended up being a HUGE success! The kids loved squishing,
even eating the dough! And the sensory play food added to the fun!
Moms were relieved to know that I had thought to make a special allergy-friendly dough for our sensitive kids. But with lots of discovery, exploration and play…you know what that means? MESS!
Good thing I had lots of WaterWipes on hand! Our allergy-friendly and chemical-free wipe made play dough clean up a breeze. And the moms loved hearing why our family absolutely LOVES these wipes!
- WaterWipes, a premium European brand, is a chemical free baby wipe that contains only two ingredients, 99.9% purified Irish water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract. THAT’S IT!
- Both durable and effective without containing any of the harmful chemicals found in other baby wipes, WaterWipes proves a safer, natural option for your family.
Ready to make the wipes switch? Check out this video on the WaterWipes difference! Be sure to follow WaterWipes via Facebook, Twitter (hashtag #WaterWipes) Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest products, tips and more.
WaterWipes was the perfect tool for our fall inspired play date! While there may not be fall weather yet in Florida, we certainly can enjoy the BEST that the season has to offer. Our Edible Pumpkin Play Dough and Fall Play Date was a wonderful way to kick-off the season with pumpkin, spice and everything messy FUN! Need another messy toddler craft idea? Check out our Apple Craft!
Don’t forget to pin this allergy-friendly edible pumpkin play dough for your next fall play date!