DIY Trick-or-Treat Wagon
Is your family ready for trick-or-treat season? I admit that trick-or-treating with two kids can be challenging, especially with so much Halloween excitement! But one of the ways that we stay prepared is making sure we have all of our Halloween essentials in tow. This year we packed up our trick-or-treat survival kit in this festive DIY Trick-or-Treat Wagon! Find out how to stock your own as well as how we found adorable and affordable kids costumes at our Family Dollar!
Trick-or-Treat Is More Fun with Family Dollar Kids’ Costumes, Starting at $5
Once a frugal mom, always a frugal mom. I have the hardest time buying my kids’ Halloween costumes every year. I can never justify paying so much for an outfit that my kids will maybe wear once, twice if I’m lucky. My kids are constantly changing their minds too. One week it’s all princesses and super heroes. The next week it’s fairies and monsters.
Family Dollar takes the stress out of getting Halloween costumes for my kids. From classic costume ideas and even licensed kids’ favorites, there’s definitely plenty of variety to choose from. And with lots of great options starting as low as $5, I can grab costumes that look great and my kids can enjoy without breaking our budget. I’m proud to say that this year we only spent $10 total on my kids’ Halloween costumes at Family Dollar. Aren’t they cute?
My daughter’s witch costume is an adorable addition, and even comes with the pointy hat!
And my son loves his new ninja costume, complete with stealth mask.
DIY Trick-or-Treat Wagon Ideas
Pack up your trick-or-treat survival kit on-board your DIY Trick-or-Treat Wagon! We are ready to grab all of the candy and fun this Halloween with these DIY Trick-or-Treat Wagon Ideas, all with items that we grabbed from our local Family Dollar. Be sure to look for Everyday Low Prices, Price Drop and $1 WOW items for big savings on your Halloween essentials.
- Festive Decor – Why should the kids get all of the dress-up fun? Decorate your DIY Trick-or-Treat Wagon for less with festive decor ideas at Family Dollar. We grabbed tinsel and this adorable pumpkin lantern for only $1 each!
- Safety First – Keep those kiddos safe throughout the night with a supply of glow sticks and glow necklaces. Family Dollar has lots of choices to match your child’s costumes for only $1! Be sure to have a flashlight on hand as well. Bring extra batteries!
- Keep it Clean – Get out of any sticky trick-or-treat situation with a few items to keep things clean! I always pack hand sanitizer, baby wipes and a few tissues on-board our wagon for any emergencies.
- Treat Storage – Do your kids trick-or-treat bags get heavy throughout the night? We like to store ours in a sealed plastic tub in our wagon. Perfect place to lighten the load and keep out any sort of weather (or even little hands!), we can keep all of the treats safe and secure until we get home.
- Hydration – Don’t forget to keep those trick-or-treaters hydrated throughout the night! We stock up our Trick-or-Treat Wagon with a case of water so the whole family can replenish.
- Energy-Packed Snacks – No sugar crashes here! Pack your wagon with energy packed snacks to maximize your trick-or-treating. Family Dollar has lots of name-brand snack ideas like Sun-Maid Raisins, Quaker Chewy Bars and Planters Nuts.
From affordable costumes to DIY Trick-or-Treat Wagon essentials for less, I love how Family Dollar is our one-stop-shop for everything Halloween this fall. Stock up on your favorite Halloween costumes, ideas and more at your local Family Dollar.
What would you stock in your DIY Trick-or-Treat Wagon this Halloween?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for crafty inspiration, family recipes, travel tips and more.