DIY Farmhouse Fall Decor | Rustic Candy Corn Sign
With Labor Day weekend done and gone, it now feels officially like fall. Perhaps it’s the New Yorker in me 🙂 And with fall comes some of my favorite crafting inspiration! Loving the colors of fall, I was inspired to make this DIY Farmhouse Fall Decor featuring a Rustic Candy Corn Sign. A few dollars and the sights and smells of fall (cinnamon anyone?) can easily turn this easy fall craft into a statement piece for your home. Perfect fall door hanging idea! Ready to get started? Here’s how to make this adorable rustic candy corn sign:
I heart this craft because it’s so easy to make, the kids can help and it doesn’t overly SCREAM Halloween. But still festive and fun, this Halloween inspired decor sign offers all of the awesomeness that fall has to offer and for only a few dollars.
What You Will Need:
- Cardboard Box
- Corn Husks (used in making tamales, down the ethnic aisle of the grocery store)
- Cinnamon Sticks – about 20 of them
- Jute String
1. First thing’s first, let’s cut out our candy corn shape. Using just plain old scissors, I cut out an isosceles triangle (that’s an equal sided triangle…see, good old schooling hard at work).
2. Next I glued the corn husks to the top third of my triangle to represent the white of the candy corn. It’s ok to allow extra for overlap.
3. Next I focused on the bottom third of the triangle. Gluing and wrapping the bottom portion of the triangle in jute, I had yet another fall color added.
4. The middle was a favorite part. Using the amazing smell of cinnamon sticks, we glued those babies in the middle of the triangle, vertically. Focusing first on the edges of the triangle (to keep the triangle shape), we then glued and filled in the rest of the middle. Allow extra room for overlapping.
5. Don’t forget your wall hanger! I just wrapped and tied more jute to the back of the candy corn and glued in place, perfect for hooking onto the front of your door!
Seriously, how adorable is this? This candy corn inspired wall hanging is the perfect shabby chic decor for our home. And I LOVE the extra cinnamon fall smell we get too.
Need some more fall crafting inspiration? Here’s some of the most popular fall crafts over at Raising Whasians!
How are you getting your home ready for fall?
(originally posted at SeeVanessaCraft.com)