This Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup Recipe is sponsored by DairyPure. All delicious opinions are my own
Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
Could anyone use a bowl of comfort food right now? Another little cool snap hit Florida today, and I immediately dreamed of a bowl of homemade soup. Fall and soup just go hand and hand, you know? But this busy mom doesn’t have the luxury of slaving over the stove all day long (um, anyone else feel me?).
So I’m loving this Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup Recipe! Perfect slow cooker soup for those that love a bowl of comfort food without the work, this pot can simmer all day for a delicious meal that night. And what’s my secret to the perfect touch of creamy goodness to this soup? Nope, not cream! Ready to make your own bowl of delicious?
Grab your soup spoons and this easy recipe:
I love love love potato soup. I feel like I’m indulging in memories with each bite. Add some fresh chives, cheese and bacon and you have one hearty bowl of amazing. But as much as I love potato soup, I just don’t have the time to make it myself. (Maybe that’s why I eat it out so often?)
But with my latest crockpot recipe, you get the taste of homemade simmering-potatoes-all-day-long taste and the touch of creamy goodness. But my secret? No cream! I turn to good ole milk for this recipe to give my soup that perfect creamy texture.
Ready for a bowl or five? Here’s how to make this easy slow cooker creamy potato soup!
Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots finely chopped
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 3 1/2 lbs. of russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of whole milk such as DairyPure
- 2 TBSP flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place onion, celery, carrots, garlic, potatoes and chicken broth in crockpot. Heat over HIGH heat for about 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and flour until well combined. Pour into crockpot and stir.
- Heat on HIGH 30 minutes- 60 minutes or until hot (make sure to watch so the milk doesn't curdle).
- Remove about half of the potatoes and blend in blender until smooth. Return to soup.
- Serve warm, with toppings if desired.
What makes a good creamy potato soup? It’s all about the milk. That’s right, I said milk. No need to pull out the cream here, folks. We have some of the best milk on the market! New DairyPure milk by T.G. Lee Milk is the only milk backed by an exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise:
- Contains NO artificial growth hormones
- Is tested for antibiotics
- Is continually quality tested to ensure purity
- Only comes from cows fed a healthy diet
- Is cold shipped fresh from your local dairy farm to your fridge
Perfectly smooth, creamy and safe for my kids to drink everyday, it’s awesome to know that we have a high quality milk that our family can turn to. Now located in your supermarket’s dairy section, you can now pick up new DairyPure milk nationwide. Be sure to follow DairyPure on Facebook for the latest recipes, inspiration and new milk products!
Grab a glass and a bowl of my creamy potato soup and enjoy the simple comfort food of the season.
Looking for more?
Looking for more delicious soup ideas? Check out these 25 Soup Recipes for a Cozy Fall!
What is your favorite “comfort food” soup this season?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more delicious recipe ideas, craft inspiration, family travel and memories!
Carolyn Massey says
I love potato soup but usually buy it in the can. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Use my crock pot a lot so this will be easy to make.
Crystal E. says
This looks delicious! I’ve been wanting a good potato soup lately!!
Kaye Newman says
I love potato soup and i love to cook meals in a crockpot. This recipe sounds yummy! I know what we are having for supper tonight.
Jerry Marquardt says
This looks so great, and I love the garnish. I am excited to try to make this.
I haven’t had potato soup in years. I love it as a comfort food, and is also great for the budget. I’d love to try this!
Angelique Johnsey says
I made this wonderful soup for my parents and I. It was a huge hit! Can’t wait for the leftovers tomorrow! Keep up the great recipes! Thanks! Angelique