Come check out the all-new 2017 Epcot Festival of the Arts Family Guide – complete details for events, best food, and kids activities. Post sponsored by Walt Disney World. All artistic inspired opinions are my own
2017 Epcot Festival of the Arts Family Guide #ArtfulEpcot
Two words, Savory Cronuts. You guys, I have to admit I was pretty critical when I heard that Walt Disney World was rolling out a new Festival for 2017. I mean, can Disney over-saturate the Epcot Festival thing? But I just had an exclusive sneak peek of the first-ever 2017 Epcot Festival of the Arts – and wow. Just wow. So if you had a skeptical eye too, this guide is for you. I’ve packed the best of the best and what to expect for the inaugural Epcot International Festival of the Arts, with a complete guide for families. How is Disney truly capturing the best of “art?” Let me count the ways.
This isn’t your usual Disney Festival. Unlike the Flower & Garden Festival or the Food & Wine Festival, the 2017 Epcot Festival of the Arts brings together Disney and Art – two words that go together nicely. It’s easy to see how Disney has shaped our view of world art today. From beautiful sketches to movie cels, home decor to fashion, inspiring music to one-of-a-kind chef techniques, art can definitely be found everywhere around Walt Disney World. Walt Disney World has promised “new content everyday” with this new Festival, running for 6 weeks. The focus of the 2017 Epcot Festival of the Arts surrounds 3 distinct themes: Visual, Performing, and Culinary.
Art takes center stage at Epcot with one of the biggest highlights being the focus on the Visual Arts. Here’s what Disney has revealed is coming to the 2017 Epcot Festival of the Arts:
- Concept art never seen by the public
- All different mediums represented in 7 different gallery exhibits
- Over 30 master artists featured such as Mary Blair – known for “It’s a Small World.”
- Exclusive workshops and seminars for guests including a coveted Disney Imagineers half day class limited to only 20 people/day.
- Interactive mural – where guests can Paint By Number
- Live art creations throughout the park
I was thrilled to hear that Disney World wasn’t stopping at just Visual Arts. Broadway is at the forefront as Disney presents some of the best in Disney music for your family to enjoy from a variety of artists:
- Disney on Broadway Concert Series at the America Gardens Theatre – featuring songs from Aladdin, The Lion King and more
- Broadway artists including: Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”), Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Kevin Massey (“Aladdin”), Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald (“The Lion King”).
- Acapella singing from American Music Machine
- Live performances from community arts groups – Marching bands, jazz ensembles, college and university performing groups
Where food is concerned, you know that this is my favorite part. Culinary Arts – Disney has been known for showcasing the best in food – with unique and forward flavor pairings for every palate. But with the new Festival of the Arts on the line, the Disney Culinary team has stepped up their game. Their goal? Visually stunning, picture worthy food. Oh, and did I mention delicious? Check out the drool-worthy food at the seven booths throughout Epcot that will have you coming back for course after course at the Festival of the Arts:
The Painter’s Palate
- Trio of Savory Croissant Doughnuts: Whipped Herb Cream Cheese with Sea Salt, Chicken Mousse with Fresh Herbs and Everything Bagel Seasoning, & Spicy Tuna with Sriracha Mayonnaise and Sesame Seeds
- Pop’T Art: Abstract-designed Sugar Cookie with Chocolate Hazelnut Filling
- Shrimp Ceviche with Lime Mint Foam
- Pop’t Art: Modern-designed Sugar Cookie with Chocolate Hazelnut Filling
- Cloudem Silver Sparkling Wine
- Crisp Caramel Chocolate Mousse Bar, Flavored Merengue Kisses and Passion Fruit Sauce
- Triple Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Crunch, Dark Chocolate Sauce and Gold Leaf from our Master Pastry Chef
- Wild Mushroom Risotto, Aged Parmesan, Truffle Shavings and Zinfandel Reduction
- Classic Reuben with Shredded Corned Beef, Thousand Island Dressing, Pickled Red Cabbage and a Rye Curl
- Figment Art Painting with Chocolate Easel
- Deconstructed Breakfast: Twinings® Apple Chai Tea Shake with Cream Bourbon garnished with a Waffle Crisp and Candied Bacon
The Artist Table
- Pan-Seared Scallop with Chorizo, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis and a Parmesan Crisp
- Braised Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Purée, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes and Aged Balsamic
- Campo Viejo Rioja Reserva Art Series
My favorites from our sneak peek? In order: Risotto, Savory Cronuts, Reuben and Deconstructed Breakfast – these three will definitely be popular this year! I also expect the new Disney on Broadway Dining Packages to be popular too. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants and enjoy priority seating at the Disney on Broadway show that night at 8 pm. Call (407) WDW-DINE for participating restaurants and to make reservations.
For the Kids
Why should you bring your kids to the inaugural Festival of the Arts? Because Disney knows how to make learning about art ridiculously fun. See Walt Disney World’s artsy side like never seen before, with lots of interactive activities to keep everyone in the family entertained. Here’s how Disney will have your kids excited about the arts:
- Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt – This has to be my favorite kid-friendly part of the newest Epcot Festival. Kids go into detective mode as they hunt for the loveable Figment in paintings located around the World Showcase. Grab your guide and complete the sticker map to redeem a prize at Disney Traders!
- Exclusive Artful Photo Ops – Be the Mona Lisa? Or hop inside of the boat from the Washington Crossing the Delaware? Yes, you can! Epcot will be set up with lots of one-of-a-kind art inspired photo ops for the whole family.
- Living Statues – roaming live artists entertaining and engaging audiences
- Walking Chalk Gallery – This new festival feature will have artists recreate famous pieces live canvas and park sidewalks
- DestiNations Discovered Tour – Make reservations for this 5 hour walking tour around the World Showcase and immerse your family in the rich history, art, architecture, culture and food of 11 countries. Includes lunch at the Rose & Crown.
The 2017 Epcot Festival of the Arts is coming January 13, 2017 – February 20, 2017. For more info, be sure to check out the Epcot International Festival of the Arts Website. Follow along all of the latest festival updates with hashtag #ArtfulEpcot.
Love all the latest Disney tips? Be sure to check out these popular posts:
Will you be taking your family to the 2017 Epcot Festival of the Arts?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for the best Walt Disney World travel tips for families, recipes, kids crafts and more.