Ready for the not-to-miss Walt Disney World event this fall? Check out the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Guide to What’s New. Post sponsored by Walt Disney World. All delicious opinions are my own
The 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival is just around the corner, and I know that you’re as hungry as I am for one of the most popular festivals at Walt Disney World. From delicious and inspiring food and wine options to one-of-a-kind foodie experiences, Disney sure knows how to get your taste buds excited for the best Epcot Food and Wine Festival yet. Get ready for 2016 with the guide to what’s NEW for the year: new dates, new marketplaces, NEW dishes, new concerts and more!
A New Focus
While much of the Festival has been focused at the World Showcase, Walt Disney World states that 2016 is the year for Future World. Branching further into the heart of Future World, the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival will plant more Marketplaces and experiences into the front of the Epcot – giving folks more breathing room as they wine and dine.
Need a few extra days to soak in the delicious food and wine pairings? Did I have to ask? This year, The 2016 Festival has gone from 53 days to 62 days, making this year the longest Epcot Food and Wine Festival to date. Running from September 14th through November 14th, I’m sure that we can make time for an extra visit or two (or 10…whatever).
A Record 30 Marketplaces
That’s right folks, 30 of them. 30 beautiful and delectable places to pick up your goodies as you walk around the Festival. It’s like my dream date. Walking and eating. And this year, the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival will open four new Marketplaces to pick up your delicious eats.
- Islands of the Caribbean
- Wine & Dine Studio
- Tomato Farm
- Chocolate Studio
Can you tell which one that I’m most excited about?
Let’s move on to my favorite part of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Shall we? Get your taste buds ready to try these all-new dishes at new and favorite Food and Wine Festival Marketplaces. Here are the NEW dishes introduced for the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival:
Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki (Greece) – HANDS DOWN FAVE!
Korean-style BBQ Beef with Steamed Rice & Cucumber Kimchi (South Korea) – MY 2ND FAVE DISH!
Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce (Islands of the Caribbean)
Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots & Feta Cheese (The Chew Collective)
Smoked Beef Brisket & Pimento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast (Hops & Barley)
Mojo Pork with Black Beans, Cilantro Rice & Pickled Red Onions (Islands of the Caribbean)
Liquid Nitrogen Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel (Chocolate Studio)
Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-Roasted Salsa (NEW Marketplace name to announced)
Seared Scallop, Truffled Celery Root Puree, Brussel Sprouts & Wild Mushrooms (Wine & Dine Studio)
Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake Soaked in Ouzo with Yogurt Whipped Cream and Pistachios (Greece)
New England Lobster Roll (Hops & Barley)
Pork Tenderloin with Cannellini Bean Ragout & Zinfandel Reduction (Wine & Dine Studio)
Chicken and Dumplings: Stewed Chicken with Murshrooms & Spinach (Farm Fresh)
8 New Eat to the Beat Concert Series Artists
8 new artists join the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Eat to the Beat Concert line up. Joining fan favorites such as STARSHIP, Sugar Ray, Boyz II Men, Sister Hazel and Blues Traveler, now include:
- Wang Chung on September 14-15 “Everybody Have Fun Tonight”
- BoDeans on September 21-23 “Closer to Free”
- Plain White T’s on October 7-9 “Hey There Delilah”
- Jeffrey Osborne October 11-13 “On the Wings of Love”
- Toad The Wet Sprocket on October 22-23 “Walk on the Ocean”
- Living Colouron October 28-29 “Cult of Personality”
- Soul Asylum on November 2-3 “Runaway Train”
- Delta Rae on November 4-6 “Bottom of the River”
Grab the full music line up HERE.
New Food & Wine Experiences at Disney Resorts
Time to hone those skills in the kitchen! New for 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival is offering a wider array of classes, tastings and experiences to enhance the senses at your favorite Disney resorts. Named the Resort Premium Dining Experiences, there are 4 new experiences for foodies to enjoy, starting at $99.
- “Behind-the-Scenes and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto” at the Polynesian Village Resort
- “Brunch with a Twist” at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- “The Secrets of Flavor” at Disney’s Yacht Club
- “Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef” at the Contemporary Resort
Find out more on these delicious one-of-a-kind Festival experiences HERE.
Favorites Returning for 2016
- Party for the Senses will return with a new theme every week!
- Kids’ favorite Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt is returning with maps, stickers and prizes!
- Festival Center Workshops and Back to Basics weekend series will return
- Festival Private Label California Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon will be available by the bottle or the glass
- Your favorite chefs are coming back for 2016, including Jamie Deen, “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, Masaharu Morimoto, Cat Cora, and the cast of ABC’s “The Chew”.
Ready to check out what’s NEW at this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival? Don’t forget to save the date starting September 14th, 2016 – November 14, 2016. Need more info on the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival? Be sure to check out the website HERE. And follow all of the delicious happenings with hashtag #EpcotFoodFest.
More Walt Disney World Travel Tips
Love getting the most of your Walt Disney World visit? Check out these most popular posts:
- Best Tips to Ride Frozen Ever After
- Best Tips to Visit Animal Kingdom
- Jungle Skipper Canteen
- Best Tips to See Disney Princesses on a Disney Cruise Ship
- Disney Candlelight Processional Tips
I was invited to attend a special Walt Disney World media event in exchange for this posting. All opinions are my own. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more family travel tips