Thanksgiving Kids Craft | Pilgrim Snack Hat
Can you believe Turkey Day is almost here?! I’ve had so much preparation for the big day, and keeping those little ones busy while you’re in the midst of food prep is no easy feat. So I came up with this FUN and easy Thanksgiving Kids Craft. And who doesn’t love a craft that ends with food? This Pilgrim Snack Hat will keep your kids’ hands and tummies busy as you create the perfect spot for your holiday snack! With supplies from right around the home, you should be able to make this one today!
What you will need:
- (2) Pieces of Black Construction Paper
- (1) Piece of Yellow Construction Paper
- (1) Piece of Brown Construction Paper
- (1) Large Paper Plate
- Stapler (if desired)
- Snack of choice – don’t forget this very important need, parents!
1. Cut out the flat circled center of the paper plate. This will be the base of your hat.
2. Using the paper circle as a guide, trace and cut out a black circle to glue on top of the paper base. Your hat base is complete.
3. Cut the 2nd piece of black construction paper in half lengthwise.
4. Cut a long lengthwise strip out of the brown construction paper, the same length as your hat. Glue/Tape to the bottom of your black construction paper. The brown will be the belt accent around your hat.
5. Cut a small square out of the yellow construction paper. Place in the center of your long brown strip (aka the buckle on your hat)
6. Now you’re ready to build the hat! Bring the two long ends of the black construction paper together (forming a ring) and glue the edges closed. You may want to reinforce with a stapler.
7. Place top part of the hat on top of your base. Tape from the inside of the hat to the hat base. Hat should be complete now
8. Fill your hat with your favorite snack. This time of year, we’re loving popcorn, pretzels and even that delish homemade Chex mix!
Ta-Da! A perfect Pilgrim Hat for the Thanksgiving festivities. I bet you have all of these crafting supplies ready to go at home too! We absolutely love this craft because it keeps those little hands and little mouths busy 🙂 This is a perfect craft for the day of Thanksgiving too. Quick, easy and fun for the little ones while you’re getting food prep done for the day!
Need another Thanksgiving Craft Idea? Check out our easy Paint Chip Turkeys 🙂