Easy Thanksgiving Kids Craft | Paint Chip Turkey
I cannot believe how quickly Thanksgiving is coming this year! It just crept up on me! But I didn’t want to miss out on a chance to craft with the kiddos for the season, so we made these adorable and FREE Thanksgiving Turkeys, all with the help of a few supplies we already had at home. So I know this won’t be the most award winning craft that I’ll ever do with my kids, certainly not on the same level as my Pumpkin Kids Craft. BUT, this comes out looking just as cute in my opinion and is an easy and quick craft to pull out. I love that this craft also helps kids learn good directions, as well as work on those cutting and fine motor skills. So here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 red variety paint chip
- 1 orange variety paint chip
- 1 yellow variety paint chip
- 2 small brown paint chips
- 1 small red paint chip
- 1 small yellow paint chip
- 2 googly eyes
1. Cut out small brown circle out of one of the brown paint chips. This will be the turkey head.
2. Cut out a small yellow triangle out of the small yellow paint chip. This will be the beak. Glue in the middle of the turkey head.
3. Cut out a small teardrop shape out of the small red paint chip. This will be the “gobble gobble” warbler of the turkey. Glue to the side of the beak.
4. Glue on 2 googly eyes
5. Cut out a larger brown circle out of the 2nd brown paint chip. This will be the turkey body. Glue onto the bottom of the turkey head
6. Cut out the individual colors from the trio colored paint chip (or get a little crazy and cut across all 3 colors). these will be the turkey’s colorful feathers. Choose as many as you like, all the same length. Staple the bunch together in a “fanned” out shape. Then glue on the back of your turkey.
TA-DA! Instant adorable turkey to love, cherish and laugh with 🙂 Let’s not forget Thanksgiving this holiday season. I definitely take crafting time to remind my kids about things to be thankful for and why we celebrate this important holiday.
Looking for more easy kid crafts? Check out my Kid Craft Pinterest Page for some inspiration. The Pumpkin Craft is definitely one of the favorites!
Who’s heading to their home supply store for some paint chips for this Easy Thanksgiving Kids Craft?
I would love to hear if you made this craft with your kids!